Author Topic: Meetup  (Read 2213 times)

spongebob

Meetup
« on: October 25, 2007, 10:31:16 AM »
Hey guys im not sure how this works but if anyone wants to wheel we could possibly meet-up at xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. It is legal to go there during the day. I have had a lot of trouble finding capable rigs to go with but I know the area pretty well as I live near there and spend all of my free time up there. Im thinking maybe this weekend or the next. I also have a nice little trail near my house that we could go on (moderatley technical). If this interests anyone or if you are interested in going somewhere else please let me know as i've got an itch :)

Edit: Hi Bob, cannot organize a run on the board to a location that is questionable - hope you understand the reason for the edit  :wink:

TheInstaller

Re: Meetup
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 05:13:56 PM »
I might be up for a run there sometime.

Used-TJ

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 06:00:23 PM »
Word of warning  - the only part of Nepaug that is legal to wheel are the graded roads, ones you can drive on without bottoming out a car.
ANYTHING else is illegal, it is patrolled heavily at times by DEP.
Yes there are some decent trails to wheel, but it's the renegade wheelers that run those trails that give other wheelers such as the people in this club a bad name.
Don't be part of the problem, join a club and find some legal spots to wheel

spongebob

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 11:56:18 PM »
yeah i hear you. nm guys. I wish i knew more people to actually call instead of posting. If there is anything going on in the ct area please send me a pm.
thanks,
-Brian

toyworx

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 09:57:48 AM »
Brian,

There is nothing going on in the CT area. Thats the problem with the state. There are no legal public wheeling spots. It sucks for sure. Every time this topic gets brought up again....it makes me want to move.