Author Topic: Montague Plains (MA) Clean up......WIN A GUN!!!!  (Read 1918 times)

Paul

Montague Plains (MA) Clean up......WIN A GUN!!!!
« on: September 30, 2008, 09:47:57 AM »
**courtesy of Mike Belben of NTC
(my bad on the lateness, thought this was posted earlier)

Smith & Wesson and the Connecticut River Watershed Council
National Public Lands Clean Up Day
Saturday, Oct 4th

Bring pickups, jeeps with trailers or ATVs with trailers.

there will be a cookout to feed volunteers for lunch and all volunteers are entered in a raffle to win a S&W Sigma40 pistol, even if you arent an employee.. i just double checked to be sure.

Background:
last year and earlier in 08 i fought and fought to get a permit from masswildlife for groups like us to enter and clean wildlife management areas (WMAs) .. and was denied on the grounds that they would not allow modified 4x4 vehicles into a WMA under any circumstance..

HOWEVER.. Smith and Wesson was the one group that had been allowed to do this, and since I work there, i found out it took some considerable political muscle to get this permission. Well, they are doing it again, and are looking for volunteers.

This would be a very rare and exceptional opportunity for the 4x4 organizations to make some big friends, as well as show this green council that we arent all bad.

i need to know who is showing as a definate in order to give an accurate headcount for the food. please disseminate to youre clubs, anyone definately committed can email me at mike_belben@yahoo.com

rt 91 to the Yankee Candle Exit # 24
And Turn Right

Turn Right on the first street after exiting
(Route 116 South)

Go over Sunderland bridge

Turn left on Route 47 North

Follow Route 47 to Route 63 North

Go Past John Deere Dealership on Right

Turn Left on Lake Pleasant Rd
(Follow Signs)

Go 1.5 Miles, Dirt Road on Left
(Look for Sign)

If lost please call Tom Giguere at 413-885-4774

:paul:

Zaedock

Re: Montague Plains (MA) Clean up......WIN A GUN!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 07:32:55 PM »
I'll be there you CT bastids.    :avid:

Come awn down and help us out.  :dance:

Offline katrinka63

• Rock Crawler
  • Got trails?????
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 09:30:58 PM »
Hey Paul,
I have a pickup but it isn't an off roader type truck.  Do the trucks have to go off road?

Paul

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 08:23:38 AM »
Newp, there are a lot of nice trails in there, for stockers, I used to wheel there years ago in my stock Toy Truck.  Even a car is fine on the main roads in there. 

Meet time I think is 9, but one other thing said 10am, so 9:30ish is a safe bet to show.  I'm right around the corner so I may (hopefully) show early.

:paul:
Paul