Author Topic: Fw: URGENT Oppose Omnibus Land Grab Act  (Read 5102 times)

Offline XJRV-Maki

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • salt no carry
Fw: URGENT Oppose Omnibus Land Grab Act
« on: January 10, 2009, 07:39:47 PM »
Two minutes of your time is urgently needed to preserve access to your public lands. In a last minute move the newly elected Congress may vote as early as Tomorrow-Sunday without adequate public input on Omnibus Land Bill S22. This massive land grab bill that will lock up millions of additional acres of public land, close thousands of miles of recreation trails, harm already struggling rural economies, further reduce renewable resource harvesting, be detrimental to forest health by eliminating all forest management, restrict property rights and hamstring energy exploration in the United States. Click the link below & your letter will be sent directly to the decision makers. Please take a few minutes to help convince them to vote against the S.22 Land Grab Act.

http://www.savethetrails.us/Default.aspx?PetitionID=31

If there were awards for bad legislation this bill might take first, second & third, but unless more people speak up it is likely to pass. Please take two minutes to submit a pre drafted letter to legislators opposing this bill.
Thanks to the thousands who have already submitted their letters, but letters are still needed from those who have not yet written. If you are not sure if you have taken action please submit a letter, the program will tell you if you already sent a letter.

Please share this email with your lists and post it on blogs.

Offline JeepMM2

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Fw: URGENT Oppose Omnibus Land Grab Act
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads-up Bic. I just sent mine in.

Update: I got an e-mail from a server saying my letter to senators and legislators failed to be delivered. They don't want to hear from us, no doubt.
"I'M THE 82nd AIRBORNE, AND THIS IS AS FAR AS THE BASTARDS ARE GOING."
PFC Martin, 325th Glider Infantry Regiment  Dec. 23, 1944

Offline XJRV-Maki

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • salt no carry
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 09:32:35 PM »
I see....I tried re-sending the email & changing the subject line and that bounced too...

A little more work, but you can copy the message and send it to your representative directly: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

I sent one to Congressman Markey and also Senator Kerry since I wasn't sure if this was a house or senate thing.

Offline JeepMM2

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 11:00:51 PM »
Well, I sent it to my Rep, John Larsen. The only thing, I didn't include my e-mail, only because I don't feel like reading any gibberish.

Guns

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 11:37:17 PM »
Chalk one down to Joe Courtney.  Hopefully he'll read it, or one of his aids.

Offline XJRV-Maki

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • salt no carry
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »
For anyone else use this link. It automatically sends the emails to your representative in the house and both senators, very easy.

http://www.amadirectlink.com/legisltn/rapidresponse.asp

Online MassXJ

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 09:12:27 PM »
WASHINGTON - In a rare Sunday session, the Senate advanced legislation that would set aside more than 2 million acres in nine states as wilderness. Majority Democrats assembled more than enough votes to overcome GOP stalling tactics in an early showdown for the new Congress.

Republicans complained that Democrats did not allow amendments on the massive bill, which calls for the largest expansion of wilderness protection in 25 years. But Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., and other Democrats said the bill ? a holdover from last year ? was carefully written and included measures sponsored by both Republicans and Democrats.

By a 66-12 vote, with only 59 needed to limit debate, lawmakers agreed to clear away procedural hurdles despite partisan wrangling that had threatened pledges by leaders to work cooperatively as the new Obama administration takes office. Senate approval is expected later this week. Supporters hope the House will follow suit.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28605584/
Quote from: Mrs. Whoopie Pies
Then we have those guys that feel like constant cornmeal in ones pants . Alan for example.

Offline JeepMM2

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 09:31:45 PM »
"Work cooperatively" = KISS ASS.

Offline XJRV-Maki

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • salt no carry
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2009, 11:01:29 PM »
 :neutral:

Offline JeepMM2

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2009, 11:29:40 PM »
Excuse my rhetoric on my last post. It's just that these things make my blood boil! Then, the leaders of my party, which I've been a member of since 1973, lay down and kiss the butt of the party who reveres members such as Ted Kennedy, a murderer!

Thank you Bic for bringing this to our attention. Unfortunately, they couldn't be stopped.

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 06:35:26 AM »
I think the house might be a bit less liberal than the Senate. There is is still hope maybe?
 I'm sick and tired of land issues being decided by people whos idea of outdoor recreation is a walk in Central Park or 9 holes of golf. These, and all land management issues should be decided by the people who use the resources. I spend more time in the woods in one hunting season (not including wheeling) than all the DEP officials combined do in a whole year. (Even when they are out, they never leave the comfort of the drivers seat of thier cushy Ford Explorer.)
 It's only a matter of time before the Liberal Democrat Yuppies pave over YOUR towns fairgrounds because they're afraid of getting cow shit on thier Hush Puppies and parking lot dust inside the BMW.

<end rant>
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. -Thomas Jefferson

Online MassXJ

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 07:32:34 PM »
good news....... I think its the same bus

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=769149

wish I had a better link.
Then we have those guys that feel like constant cornmeal in ones pants . Alan for example.

Offline bill

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 05:50:10 PM »
 i sent in a letter...
08 JK (mildly built DD)
02 Liberty( Soon to be next wheeler)

yes,I like rocks...

Online MassXJ

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:43 AM »

Offline CJ7Fun

• Trail Ready
  • Nancy&Allen
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 06:14:08 PM »
I got a letter thru also
Living on the Edge !
If your not on the edge...then your taking up too much space.