Author Topic: Help Deciding...  (Read 1508 times)

dandan

Help Deciding...
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
Hi all.  My wife and I are looking for an off-road Jeep club to join.  We have a stock '06 Rubicon that is also our day to day car.  How many events each year that NE Jeep does would be in the range of ability for our vehicle?  Any thoughts would be great! ???  :cool:

Offline RobTJ

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Help Deciding...
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 01:08:47 PM »
Dan, welcome. 
You sure have come to the right place.   
Our schedule is pretty packed with trail rides and events. 
We have at least one trail ride a month and two big camping event each year.
You should try to make our next meet an greet.
"We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About..."
1999 "Chili Pepper Red" TJ; Clayton 3-Link; 35s; D30 with Eaton E-Locker; D44 Fully Spooled; 4.88s
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab w/6.4L "Yeah,  it's got a Hemi!"

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »
Welcome Dan.
  Like Rob said we wheel together about once a month and I'd guess more than half have a stocker friendly trail to take.  :cool:  The schedule for this year is still undecided.
Keeping in mind the risk for body damage and breakage may be greatly reduced to almost nonexistent, there is allways SOME chance. I wheel a daily driver on stock to moderate rides and have had many a pucker moments. I just ask for a spotter if I'm unsure about it. ...and I ask a lot....lol
  This is a great group with lots of technical know how. It's regular to see others in the group get out from their rigs to watch someone move over an obstacle, making their own scientific and/or analytical observations. That's how ya learn.
I wouldn't want to be out in the middle of nowhere without them. Picking this club was a no-brainer for me.
See you at the next meet & greet  :smile:
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. -Thomas Jefferson

Offline MattG

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Probie of the year!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:21:30 PM »
I think you should come to the next meet and greet, thats really the best way.

I just moved up here from Texas and was looking for a jeep club so I could meet some people in the area. I went to the last meet and greet, and I had a blast. Everyone was really nice and easy going, and there were a few Couples there, so you wont be alone in that aspect.

I have a few mods done to my jeep, but its my daily driver like many of the others in the club.

Give it a try

-Matt
***** TOM FOR PREZ 2017 ******
MAKE NORTHEAST JEEP GREAT AGAIN!

Offline The Navy Commander

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Shaq City is the place to rock. Semper Fi diddy
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 08:10:25 PM »
What a minute... Ya relocated up HERE and You're looking for a Jeep Club ???

Ya poor lost soul...Ya got it backwards. We should all be relocating the Club down there....
Superwinch EPi 9.0 Detours Custom Bumpers/Dropkicks, 3.5" RE Superflex Lift, 1" Daystar Body Lift, 15" Cragar Street Lock D, 33" Dick Cepek Crushers,
Solid Axle Diff Covers, Jeep Medic Belly Up Transmission/Engine Skid Plate Combo, Other Kirby+Skid Row stuff

Blessed are those who, in the face of death, concern themselves only with the front sight post...

Offline Mrs. Whoopie Pies

• Founding Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • girls fart glitter
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:40 PM »
Welcome!  The nice thing about NEJeep is the friendships the women have.  Several of us are wheelers too but a lot of the wives and girlfriends attend camping, wheeling, and M&Gs.  We have a lot of fun and everyone takes care of each other.
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
~Eleanor Roosevelt

Online Gorilla_Skater

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 05:43:37 PM »
Welcome Dan,

A stock Rubicon is very well equipped except for a lift and tires. We have stock wranglers (small lift, open diffs, no 4:1 transfer case) that with proper spotting can make it through all of our "stocker" runs.

If this is your daily driver, you want to get on the trails on the weekends AND drive it home from the trail and then to work on Monday, this club rules. No BS pressure. If you don't want to do something on a trail, it's your decision and the trail leaders respect that. They may encourage you because they feel strongly that you and your rig can make it through undamaged, but ultimately it's your decision.

1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3 ~573PH3N H4WK1NG

Offline Marty

• Founding Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • I'm Shaftless
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2009, 10:06:51 AM »

Welcome to board Dan!!  Just follow me on the trail and you'll be fine  :razz:

Looking forward to wheeling with you in the future.../mc