Author Topic: New to Mass - Who works on your Jeep?  (Read 1017 times)

michaelisaok

New to Mass - Who works on your Jeep?
« on: April 05, 2009, 10:58:43 AM »
Hello,

I've recently moved back to the Boston area (Somerville) after living in DC for the last 5 years.  Though Maryland Creepers I found a couple of guys who were great at helping me repair/upgrade my Jeep when I was down there.  Where do you all go in this area?  I have a 79 CJ7, and now that its finally starting to get warmer out, I'm looking for a place to help me get it back on the road for this year.

Initially just looking for a place that can help with some minor stuff to get it to pass inspection, but then I'm also just looking for a place in general that knows how to work on it without looking at me like I'm crazy like most shops will that are used to working on newer cars.

Thanks for your help!

-Michael

Offline MasterDrazhar

• Honorary Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 'F' with me? I'll STAB YA!
Re: New to Mass - Who works on your Jeep?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 05:58:48 PM »

The majority of us work on our junk ourselves.  If there's something we DON'T know how to do, usually there's a guy or two in the club who do.  In those cases we get together as few as 2 or 3 guys to as many as 10-12 and wrench on each others rigs.

Profile for Team_Oscar

Quote from: Sweet Cheeks Bitty
Nasty and ill-tempered?  I'll show you nasty and ill-tempered you old pinworm...

Quote from: Theo Maassen
Optimists are badly informed Pessimists.[/quote

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 06:23:49 PM »
If you want to pay for it - http://www.elias4wdcenter.com/  is in Townsend, MA
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline XJRV-Maki

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • salt no carry
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 09:26:25 PM »
I don't know anyone near Sommerville, but out my way there's Cheap Jeeps in Framingham - they've done some repairs on my Jeeps and they often have a CJ or 2 for sale that they've restored.

For 4x4 work like lifts and gears and stuff it would be worth the drive to go to either Lou at Elias like Jeepinmax posted or Bob at Baystate Offroad in Middleboro, MA.