Author Topic: New to Jeeps & off roading  (Read 1432 times)

Xish077

New to Jeeps & off roading
« on: April 11, 2009, 11:11:24 PM »
Hello all -

My name's Michelle, I'm from Rockland County, NY. I bought my first jeep (08 Sahara) in october of last year. It's currently bone stock, I don't have the massive money required for all the fun upgrades yet :cry: lol I am looking for a place to start off roading and learn all about it. Does the NE Jeep Org. do any offroading in the Hudson Valley NY, Catskills or Lake George? Also is a stock jeep okay? I do have a CB. Thanks for any help. Nice to meet everyone.

Offline MattG

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Probie of the year!
Re: New to Jeeps & off roading
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 06:46:12 AM »
I cant answer if they wheel in those areas, but I can answer one lol

Yes the stock jeep is totally fine

welcome!~
***** TOM FOR PREZ 2017 ******
MAKE NORTHEAST JEEP GREAT AGAIN!

Offline The Navy Commander

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Shaq City is the place to rock. Semper Fi diddy
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:00:27 AM »
Hi Michelle, I'm not sure on the overall scope of what and where we wheel, But I'm sure we could
look in area's if we had a possible new member to help scout the terrain a little first.
I have a small cabin in the Adirondacks and have been contemplating looking in that area for
possible wheeling spots, As far as not having unlimited funds for vehicle mods... I'm sure you'll
find that everyone here is in the same situation, But together we help each other overcome that obstacle...
Welcome to the board.
Superwinch EPi 9.0 Detours Custom Bumpers/Dropkicks, 3.5" RE Superflex Lift, 1" Daystar Body Lift, 15" Cragar Street Lock D, 33" Dick Cepek Crushers,
Solid Axle Diff Covers, Jeep Medic Belly Up Transmission/Engine Skid Plate Combo, Other Kirby+Skid Row stuff

Blessed are those who, in the face of death, concern themselves only with the front sight post...

Xish077

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:25:43 AM »
Very cool - Thanks guys. Where are some of the spots u guys have organized trips to in the past?

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
  • uh-oh he posted another avatar.
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 09:11:49 AM »
Jeeps go off-road??   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek:   :eek: 
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline MasterDrazhar

• Honorary Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 'F' with me? I'll STAB YA!
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:04:37 AM »
Very cool - Thanks guys. Where are some of the spots u guys have organized trips to in the past?

New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania
Profile for Team_Oscar

Quote from: Sweet Cheeks Bitty
Nasty and ill-tempered?  I'll show you nasty and ill-tempered you old pinworm...

Quote from: Theo Maassen
Optimists are badly informed Pessimists.[/quote

Offline zilla67

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:00:41 AM »
CT.....Zilla ...welcome to the board...
THE MORE I SEE.... THE MORE I WONDER......