Author Topic: Sandy Neck Beach  (Read 2103 times)

markjr1130

Sandy Neck Beach
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:45:57 AM »
I've heard Sandy Neck Beach is a good place to go. Is it really worth the $150 a season? I went to their website and it says there is 6 miles of beach trails but only 1.6 miles are open. Does that make it to crowded? Are there any other trails than just the beach? Any other info that might be helpful.
Thanks, Mark

Offline Broken99TJ

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • http://www.objectriver.net
Re: Sandy Neck Beach
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:38:07 AM »
It's a cool place to go. They end-up closing the back half because of plovers. The passes use to be $80 for the season. If you were to get a house on the Cape for a week it might be worth it. It's not crowed, you basically can have your own stretch of beach to yourself. You can only camp if you are self contained (poptop, RV). There are a bunch of RV's converted to 4x4's which is cool.

If you decide to go, you need a shovel and an 18" by 18" piece of plywood as some of the required equipment.

Offline SOUP

Re: Sandy Neck Beach
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:52:31 AM »
I have been going out on SNK for the probably 25+ years. It is a great place to hang out. If you fish its very hit or miss. The plovers do control the beach and i have seen them shut it down to a 1/8 of a mile. It gets very crowded when its not open the 5 miles. The price seems to go up every 2 years and has turned into 140. I am sorry to say i did not get one this year its the first time in many many years. Bums me out but cape traffic, plovers and being turned away several times last year it just is not worth it.
I do run East beach in RI. Its different then SNK. But so far has been good.
Where are you from?