Author Topic: Connecticut Area trails  (Read 2993 times)

Offline SearchingForMudd

• Mall Crawler
Connecticut Area trails
« on: April 03, 2011, 03:25:54 PM »
Hey northeastjeep.org,just joined today. ive owned a 1997 jeep grandcherokee 4.0l since august2010 and the more i drive it the more i get the jeep bug. Im sure you all know how that is wanting to go off road but Connecticut seems like one of the least friendly states to offroading. I got stock coil overs but chunky tires and brand new ranchero rs5000s im sure it could handle a little mud. if anyone knows any spots in the vernon / mancheste / bolton/ coventry area let me know with a pm or something thanks.
1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L,Not BigEnough LT 30x9.50r15 for tires, Ranchero RS5000 Shocks,thrush cherry bomb muffler, (yes itll make a 4.0 sound sick) 1600watt x @2ch Amp, 2 diamond audio 15s, 2.0 farad cap, Replacing everything on the truck one part at a time.

Offline FF08JK

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Connecticut Area trails
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:31:30 PM »
PM sent
We generally do not discuss places to wheel on the Public side of this forum.
08 4dr JK YC, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, auto, 5:38s, ProRock 44 w/RCVs, ARBs F/R, 35 spline F/R axles, Shrockwork sliders, Clayton skids, Clayton 3.5" LA lift, Expedition One rear bumper/tire carrier, Tom Woods front/rear DSs, Smittybuilt XRC 10 winch, Mr Fister Fab front bumper, VIAIR OBA w/ air tank bumper, Or-Fab front cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats

Offline Paco

• Trail Ready
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 11:15:43 AM »
can you send me a pm too?

Online MasterDrazhar

• Honorary Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 'F' with me? I'll STAB YA!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »

There are no legal public offroad trails in CT.  The only wheeling opportunities in CT are on Private land and to use them you either need to be a member of a club that has access to it, or by invite/permission of the land owners directly.

Clubs are always looking for 4x4 friendly landowners to work with.
Profile for Team_Oscar

Quote from: Sweet Cheeks Bitty
Nasty and ill-tempered?  I'll show you nasty and ill-tempered you old pinworm...

Quote from: Theo Maassen
Optimists are badly informed Pessimists.[/quote

Offline FF08JK

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 11:44:52 AM »
Just sent a PM and said what Draz said as I did in original PM.
08 4dr JK YC, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers, auto, 5:38s, ProRock 44 w/RCVs, ARBs F/R, 35 spline F/R axles, Shrockwork sliders, Clayton skids, Clayton 3.5" LA lift, Expedition One rear bumper/tire carrier, Tom Woods front/rear DSs, Smittybuilt XRC 10 winch, Mr Fister Fab front bumper, VIAIR OBA w/ air tank bumper, Or-Fab front cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats

Offline bill

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 08:19:59 PM »
should change screenname to searchingforabrain....
08 JK (mildly built DD)
02 Liberty( Soon to be next wheeler)

yes,I like rocks...

Offline Mrs. Whoopie Pies

• Founding Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • girls fart glitter
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 03:11:43 PM »
The northeast in general is not friendly towards motorized recreation.  The culture of organized wheeling keeps trails, public and private, hidden because the higher the use the faster they are closed and/or ruined by people that trail braid, venture off trail, etc.  Your best bet is to look at the local clubs and see which is a good fit.  There are many organized clubs and one is sure to suit you.  But you won't find a club that will post trails or directions anywhere in the northeast to the public.

To reiterrate what Draz said, there is no legal public wheeling trails in CT.  Northeast Jeep does not condone illegal wheeling or posts where to illegally wheel.  With that said, I have edited your post and hope that you will not wheel those areas again unless you are sure to have permission.
"Well behaved women rarely make history."

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right - for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't."
~Eleanor Roosevelt