Author Topic: ATV trails coming to CT? Support it and it might.  (Read 2584 times)

Offline MasterDrazhar

• Honorary Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 'F' with me? I'll STAB YA!
ATV trails coming to CT? Support it and it might.
« on: February 19, 2013, 11:18:06 AM »

http://durham.patch.com/articles/state-rep-seeks-creation-of-atv-trails-in-ct-48c05f7b

Though I'd like to know where these so called legal dirtbike trails are...
Profile for Team_Oscar

Quote from: Sweet Cheeks Bitty
Nasty and ill-tempered?  I'll show you nasty and ill-tempered you old pinworm...

Quote from: Theo Maassen
Optimists are badly informed Pessimists.[/quote

Offline sedge1080

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: ATV trails coming to CT? Support it and it might.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »
I register my Dirtbike in Maine and Mass just to have a place to trial ride, only place in CT becides motocross tracks are Thomaston Damn, not a lot of property, and must be registerd.  They say $30 on the website but you also have to pay taxes on them...
  Mass makes you pay taxes once, Maine does not. So i register in Maine for $69 a year and mass for $35. I would pay more than $69 in taxes anyways...
You can get a Hummer in a Jeep, but you can't get a Jeep in a Hummer!

97 TJ -Clayton Long Arm, 4.56gears, 9" rear/44 Front, Locked F/R, 36" Swampers, Beadlocks, One Ton Steering, full F/R cage and full skids

WIP: CJ Buggy:  V8, 14/60, 5.13's, Locked F/R.  Not sure what else will end up in it

89YJ, 4cyl, Waggy 44's, 5.13 gears, ARB lockers F/R, 37in MTR's, Beadlocks, Full Cage and tubed out front.

04 Silverado- Tow Rig,

Offline Rubi13

• Mall Crawler
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:58:34 PM »
I register my Dirtbike in Maine and Mass just to have a place to trial ride, only place in CT becides motocross tracks are Thomaston Damn, not a lot of property, and must be registerd.  They say $30 on the website but you also have to pay taxes on them...
  Mass makes you pay taxes once, Maine does not. So i register in Maine for $69 a year and mass for $35. I would pay more than $69 in taxes anyways...

Where do you ride in MA?  I live here and don't know of many places...maybe a state park or 2....Maybe I'm missing some
2012 JK Rubicon
2013 JK Rubicon Unlimited (Stacey's)
2003 TJ Rubicon (on Loan)

Offline sedge1080

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 09:40:06 PM »
Mostly in Talland, park in a lot off R8 around the CT/MA boarder, they only way you get bothered is if your not registered.  I hear there are trails around October Mtn, but could be thinking of the wrong place.  Only thing that sucks about MA is you have to go to DMV to register the first time. 

97 TJ -Clayton Long Arm, 4.56gears, 9" rear/44 Front, Locked F/R, 36" Swampers, Beadlocks, One Ton Steering, full F/R cage and full skids

WIP: CJ Buggy:  V8, 14/60, 5.13's, Locked F/R.  Not sure what else will end up in it

89YJ, 4cyl, Waggy 44's, 5.13 gears, ARB lockers F/R, 37in MTR's, Beadlocks, Full Cage and tubed out front.

04 Silverado- Tow Rig,

Offline Rubi13

• Mall Crawler
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 09:47:57 PM »
Mostly in Talland, park in a lot off R8 around the CT/MA boarder, they only way you get bothered is if your not registered.  I hear there are trails around October Mtn, but could be thinking of the wrong place.  Only thing that sucks about MA is you have to go to DMV to register the first time.  

I live pretty much on the MA/CT border on 84...which exit?  what is R8?

I'm all registered in MA so would love to find some legal places
2012 JK Rubicon
2013 JK Rubicon Unlimited (Stacey's)
2003 TJ Rubicon (on Loan)

Offline sedge1080

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 09:51:53 PM »
sorry Rt 8, by Great Bearington, Ma (the other side of the state) its right near WTF.

I snowmobile in Otis, MA, pretty sure there is trails around there too

04 Silverado- Tow Rig,

Offline PurposeBuilt

• Mall Crawler
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 06:11:25 AM »
New in Mass, your now required to be redgistered AND you need to get a massachusettes trails permit. just a way of makin you pay more money.

Offline pote04

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:21:29 AM »
Some of us have had Mass reg on our jeeps for 2 years

Offline pyagid

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 07:26:53 AM »
Dirtbikes could also ride in Pachaug, if you are street registered.  And they are fairly easy to get a street plate from VT.  One of my bikes is registered there, The other since I already have a valid MA title, and it has all the lights and everything, I am going to try and register in CT.

http://www.mikeysway.org/  <~~~ Friend of the family.  100% of donations are contributed.  All Taxes and fees are pa

Offline sean

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 05:56:37 AM »
Street-legal bikes can ride in Pachaug (and a few miles of the trail are nasty). In MA- several state forest open to 2 and 4 wheel riding, but must have MA ATV reg and call ranger ahead (they cap for any given day).

The biggest PITA is the CT 'M' license endorsement. Starting 2012, you need a learner's permit first, then a 2-day basic riding course, then back to the hell that is the DMV.

Getting into the dual sport/ADV thing opened up miles and miles of trails, PD and DEEP EnCon guys actually like seeing plates on bikes and will not bother you. It's really the way to go.

I ride with many people from central CT every weekend, we have a ride ride route from Haddam to the shore.

Pachuag Trail Map:
http://www.blackibags.com/serve/pachaug_enduro,_edited.pdf

ADVRider Northeast Regional Forum:
http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26

MA DCR OHV Permits:
http://www.mass.gov/dcr/recreate/ohv/ohv_permit.htm