Author Topic: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Jeep Races at Southwick Mass.  (Read 1188 times)

Offline King of the Hill

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • The best beer in the world is the one in your hand
    • Jeeps on the Brain
SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Jeep Races at Southwick Mass.
« on: September 10, 2013, 07:09:13 PM »
I went out in the woods and the old Number 7 Race Jeep Fired right up after sitting for 18 months(after a battery charge)and wants to race again!

Rumor has it that this will be the last year we will be able to race at Southwick.  Turn out has been low and the track lost the Nationals for the bikes.

For those of you not familiar. We race Jeeps on a motorcycle motocross track in Southwick Massachusetts.  What a hoot!   I race the number 7 Black and White CJ-7 in the Modified class,    Here is a link to the Highlight Reel on YouTube to get an idea of what we do.

/>
http://www.cc4w.org/

The current collection of parts making the number 7 is:

79 body

79 304 with a RV cam and a 450 CFM Holly Truck Avenger

83 wide track axles both open 2.89 gears (can pretty much run the whole track in 2nd gear low range)

79 T-150 3 speed

Dana 20

8 point to the frame Cage

Fuel Cell, Poly racing seats, Cutoff switches

The front springs are 4 full length mains with 2 add a leaves on the bottom(yea it rides hard but I still need bump stops off a semi to stop the front shocks from bottoming out.

The rear springs are stock with one add a leaf( it squats awesome coming out of the whole)

Limiting straps on the shocks to keep from ripping them off the frame(been there , done that)

Everything was hand built by me. No shops involved.  It looks pretty beat these days but she still runs all day at the track and drives on the trailer.  Some days that?s all you need to win, still be running at the end of the day.

75 CJ-5        Plow Jeep Still for Sale - $800 w/4way plow
77 CJ-5        Red Jeep - 401, T18, Locked F&R
77 CJ-7        Sons Jeep - Built from Race Jeep remnants
79 CJ-7        Q-Track - Aging gracefully in the woods(well, not much left)
84 CJ-7        Rock Jeep - BYS  (Big Yellow Shitbox) on one tons
95 Wrangler  Sons commuter Jeep - bone stock 4 popper
97 TJ           Black Jeep on Slinkys
04 Grand Cherokee Overland - Wife's Jeep,  Too nice for me!

Online Gorilla_Skater

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY Jeep Races at Southwick Mass.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 07:15:07 PM »
I can't make this Sunday because I'll be in Simsbury at the Air/Car show. I definitely want to go on Oct. 20 and shoot the pits and on the track...
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

"Teamwork makes the Dream Work!"