Author Topic: Great American Jeep Rally 2015  (Read 8413 times)

Offline GLatz

• NEJEEP Member
  • Mall Crawler
Re: Great American Jeep Rally 2015
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2015, 07:45:39 PM »
Great to meet a few of you this weekend.  It was my first rally and what a cool day!  I think I had more fun walking the parking lot than anything else.

Nice conversation with you Lambchop and others at the tent.
Look forward to joining the club.

Greg
2013 JKU Rubicon 10th Aniv, 3" BDS lift, 17' Dick Cepek rims, 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers

Online JeepinMaxx

• Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 10:35:09 PM »

We followed this sweet FC Jeep on a trailer on the way back home
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline clean4drxj

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2015, 08:26:23 PM »
Frank, I thought that was a cool jeep myself.
96 XJ TNT longarms, built hp44/9, aw4/Atlas 4.3:1, 37's 
 2001 Honda accord DD

Offline bill

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2015, 03:38:51 AM »
was definitely an awesome show... had the highest attendance ever ... 1168 jeeps I believe... blew the record out of the water... haha... next year there will be some slight changes however... when we have our meeting there will be some ideas brought to the table to make the mud pit and rock course lines flow a little better... to be honest I can't understand what people's fascination with the mud is... haha just don't get how people would rather sit in line for hours just to run through the mud pit for thirty seconds... hey, not bashing it but there's a pretty fun rock course too...well... we've all been there at one point and let's face it... jeeps look cool dirty!

hopefully next year we can have a little more participation on the rock course... but I guess my question would be ... what can we do to get more people to run the rock course? is it too hard? is it too easy?... I'd really like some honest feedback as I have to try and figure out why the line is so big for mud but nothing for rocks...
08 JK (mildly built DD)
02 Liberty( Soon to be next wheeler)

yes,I like rocks...

Offline Gorilla_Skater

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
Check out this video of ACI's Live Build at the Rally

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=14&v=iEeArvTzKX4

1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

"Teamwork makes the Dream Work!"

Offline King of the Hill

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • The best beer in the world is the one in your hand
    • Jeeps on the Brain
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2015, 07:16:37 AM »
Here are some ideas that you can do with telephone poles and dirt piles.  This is a race,  but some of the obstacles could easily be modified for the Rally.

/>
I think the rocks intimidate intimidate the lightly modified vehicles, even the bigger guys if they have only run the Woods.  I wonder if an "Easy" rock garden doable by 31 -33 tires might get some of the bigger rigs that have never done rocks the confidence to try the bigger course after completing it.
75 CJ-5        Plow Jeep Still for Sale - $800 w/4way plow
77 CJ-5        Red Jeep - 401, T18, Locked F&R
77 CJ-7        Sons Jeep - Built from Race Jeep remnants
79 CJ-7        Q-Track - Aging gracefully in the woods(well, not much left)
84 CJ-7        Rock Jeep - BYS  (Big Yellow Shitbox) on one tons
95 Wrangler  Sons commuter Jeep - bone stock 4 popper
97 TJ           Black Jeep on Slinkys
04 Grand Cherokee Overland - Wife's Jeep,  Too nice for me!

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2015, 09:18:07 AM »
I think the rocks intimidate intimidate the lightly modified vehicles, even the bigger guys if they have only run the Woods.  I wonder if an "Easy" rock garden doable by 31 -33 tires might get some of the bigger rigs that have never done rocks the confidence to try the bigger course after completing it.

You're right. I cant speak for anyone but myself, but my XJ is old enough and built enough to try the rock pile and I'm probably a capable enough driver (even with an open front axle) -BUT- (sounds like a crappy excuse)  it's my daily driver, and it still has straight body panels. The risk of nasty body damage is what makes me hesitant, it's not a lack of confidence.  :smile:
An "easy line" and a "harder line" could be built into another pile.
To lessen the wait in line at the mud hole, they could also fill the "big boy hole" out back.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. -Thomas Jefferson

Offline clean4drxj

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2015, 06:29:09 PM »
Honestly I'd rather scrape some paint on the rocks over packing my "frame" with mud so it rots., NO thanks!
96 XJ TNT longarms, built hp44/9, aw4/Atlas 4.3:1, 37's 
 2001 Honda accord DD

Offline bill

• Web Wheeler
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2015, 03:32:19 AM »
thanks for the feedback!! what do ya guys think of a three stage rock course w bypasses and exits for those that want to get off the course?
08 JK (mildly built DD)
02 Liberty( Soon to be next wheeler)

yes,I like rocks...