Author Topic: Saw you guys at Sliders Southington and finally bought a wrangler  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Guardianct

• Trail Ready
I saw you guys at sliders southington last year and became interested in #jeeplife. Looks like a ton of fun. I'm tired of the drag racing scene and would like to become a member. When is your next event so I can introduce myself, pay my dues and hand in my app? Please let me know asap. As a business owner I'm pretty tied up and finally am able to purchase a toy instead of putting money into my business. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I also met the owner of Valley Truck and Off-road who hosts the big jeep meet. He is working on my TJ right now and told me about you guys. My name is Mike. Looking forward to conversing with everyone. It seems like the jeep group is really nice and has a lot of good times. Thanks
97 tj bone stock.

Online Gorilla_Skater

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Saw you guys at Sliders Southington and finally bought a wrangler
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2016, 09:55:47 PM »
Hey Mike,

I'm not sure if you and I spoke back then, but Welcome. Our events team is working on our upcoming events. Valley Truck and off road are incredibly good people. What are you having done to the Jeep?
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

"If you're going to be a smart ass, first make sure you're smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass"

Offline Guardianct

• Trail Ready
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 06:54:50 AM »
It's actually a bone stock unmolested TJ. Parts have been ordered and shipping so when the time comes to get it back, I will be able to start workin on it. Started with what made sense. Recovery/tires/lift/break upgrades / performance. Really excited you guys seem like a fun group.
97 tj bone stock.

Offline harryhood

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 07:12:08 AM »
welcome. What/where did you drag race?
"it's like you're playing the triangle"

Offline Guardianct

• Trail Ready
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2016, 07:15:12 AM »
Lebanon/englishtown/streets in Texas (whole different element) I do enjoy going fast but it's time for a change. Plus I camp/ski&board/hike etc., and it seems like you guys enjoy it as well.
97 tj bone stock.

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
  • uh-oh he posted another avatar.
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2016, 10:05:29 AM »
No pics?
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline sedge1080

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 10:16:41 AM »
 Your in the right place, Keep an eye out for the next public Event, it might be a few months.  Make sure you introduce yourself to one of the BOD.  At that point you can send in an application and wait to be voted in to being a probationary member.  Once a member you have access to monthly trail rides and Meet and Greets. 

It gets a little slow around here in the winter, but during the spring, summer and fall we have lots of events.
You can get a Hummer in a Jeep, but you can't get a Jeep in a Hummer!

97 TJ -Clayton Long Arm, 4.56gears, 9" rear/44 Front, Locked F/R, 36" Swampers, Beadlocks, One Ton Steering, full F/R cage and full skids

WIP: CJ Buggy:  V8, 14/60, 5.13's, Locked F/R.  Not sure what else will end up in it

89YJ, 4cyl, Waggy 44's, 5.13 gears, ARB lockers F/R, 37in MTR's, Beadlocks, Full Cage and tubed out front.

04 Silverado- Tow Rig,

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
  • uh-oh he posted another avatar.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 10:32:39 AM »

It gets a little slow around here in the winter, but during the spring, summer and fall we have lots of events.

Let me know when your ready for LMFT.  When they open back up for wheeled vehicles, I'll be out there every weekend.
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline Guardianct

• Trail Ready
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 10:53:09 AM »
Looking forward to it. Just bought a 4inch lift,tires,winch,bumper,talking with a company from Florida who builds 4.9 strokers. Once I get my jeep back from valley,going to look for gearing/lockers if I can't find Dana 44s. Armor will be made in the near future. Just bought a welder and a shop Press to make something a little different looking than the buy able undercarriage armor. My business is doing well so it's given me more time to enjoy living life.
97 tj bone stock.

Offline Guardianct

• Trail Ready
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 10:56:26 AM »
No pics?
I literally bought it from a guy off craigslist for 1500 bucks. Not even 8 hours later I brought it straight to valley truck and offroad. First time actually looking at it was at his shop. I looked under it and didn't see much rust on the frame rails that usually rust out and it was garaged.  Black 97 5speed Sahara with tan interior.
97 tj bone stock.

Offline cjshloman

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Wanna see my totem pole?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 02:06:31 PM »
D44....score
My girlfriend can't fight, but you should see her box.....

'98 TJ, 3" BDS, 33" TSL Swamper's, lite body armour, plow.......stay tuned...Bull is coming back to the wheeling scene BITCHES!!!!