Author Topic: New Guy here...don't even have my jeep yet!  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Gorilla_Skater

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: New Guy here...don't even have my jeep yet!
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2016, 10:36:12 AM »
Nice! That's the same color as my YJ lol.
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

"If you're going to be a smart ass, first make sure you're smart. Otherwise, you're just an ass"

Online Abrasion Sleeve

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • NE Jeep South Carolina Chapter
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2016, 10:38:51 AM »
That thing is going to look awesome once its all "KY Pinstriped"! :mrgreen:
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid.
(John Wayne)

Offline smokelaw1

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2016, 10:49:58 AM »
Thanks.  Looking for ways to put her o good use pronto!  Had my first wave this morning.

Offline smokelaw1

« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2016, 10:46:41 AM »
So got my first pinstripes this weekend.  Buffed one or two out, mostly they looked worse than they were.  We were on (legal, with permission) private land in VT.  Took a basic 4X4 course with my younger brother (Cherokee trailhawk that got pulled out twice then parked while we played on fun stuff).  The Rubicon impressed the heck out of me.  I know I will be the weak link in our ability for a good long time, but she just pulled up and through stuff that I was amazed she did without complaint and without any real skill or input required from me. 
I'm gonna need to get a lot braver before I start pushing it' limits!   Oh, and I need a winch and a lift and tires and wheels.  And tougher skids.   

Offline sedge1080

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2016, 11:01:02 AM »
  And tougher skids.   

Armor is one of the most important, and often overlooked modifications.  No point in spending the money on a nice Jeep if you don't protect it
You can get a Hummer in a Jeep, but you can't get a Jeep in a Hummer!

97 TJ -Clayton Long Arm, 4.56gears, 9" rear/44 Front, Locked F/R, 36" Swampers, Beadlocks, One Ton Steering, full F/R cage and full skids

WIP: CJ Buggy:  V8, 14/60, 5.13's, Locked F/R.  Not sure what else will end up in it

89YJ, 4cyl, Waggy 44's, 5.13 gears, ARB lockers F/R, 37in MTR's, Beadlocks, Full Cage and tubed out front.

04 Silverado- Tow Rig,