Author Topic: Wheeling Nh 5/22 LEGAL trails. Open to anybody. NOT NEJEEP SPONSORED!!!!!  (Read 856 times)

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
  • uh-oh he posted another avatar.
LMFT reopens to wheeled vehicles 5/21,  I'm planning on going 5/22 to explore.  I do not know the trails, I do not know how to rate the trip.  I can not provide a map, I can not tell you if your going to break something.  I'm an experienced wheeler, my TJ rides on 32's with 3" of lift.  I have a winch.  I've been through lmft twice on some neat trails.  There is an extensive network (86 miles of trails) they open to the public. I can say, I will not leave anyone behind, I will not be drinking, I will not be allowing alcohol or illegal drug use in my group.  We can go to a bar afterwards, there are hotels within 5 min of Keene for anyone needing it.  I'm to old and tired of illegal stupid games in order to do anything dumb.  My requests for your rig, sway bar disconnects, 31's.  MANDATORY secured battery, recovery points front AND rear, seat belts for ALL occupants, aired down to min 20 psi (tread lightly).  Skids, rocker protection highly recommend, lockers would make it more/less fun.  Again, I do not know these trails, I do not have a place to make repairs, I can not promise you won't break/dent/roll/scratch your rig.  I can promise we'll have a fun, LEGAL time. LMFT opens 5/28 I don't know the trails yet, but can explore with anyone ready.  I live 15 min away.  There aren't any (legal) rocky trails in southern NH worthy of over 31's.  An hour north of me into Hillsborough/Newport there are reported trails that can confuse a buggy.  I'll be exploring lmft more in depth when they reopen.  If the group wants to run 6's farther north I can get a guide, but it's runner beware since I don't know the area or anywhere to make repairs.  I have a friend in Bradford that will lend driveway (gravel) space for repairs, but I can't offer much more.  If we break at lmft, my landlord may, or may not allow repairs here (they have a decent shop out back that their son Dr. Customwerks still runs).ods if this post is inappropriate, please move/delete it.  Trail maps are still being worked on by LMFT, so its going to be "exploration".  I know 3 entrances to LMFT so I can get us back to a paved road.  THIS IS NOT AN " NEJEEP" SANCTIONED EVENT, THEY ARE IN NO WAY OFFILIATED WITH THIS, THIS IS MY PERSONAL INVITATION TO PEOPLE THAT WANT TO DRIVE 2 HOURS NORTH OF HARTFORD TO WHEEL LEGALLY.  Website is LMFTNH.COM.

Edited for date change they're opening earlier!!
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
Re: Wheeling Nh 5/29 LEGAL trails. NOT NEJEEP SPONSORED!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 09:32:29 PM »
More then likely there is a high probability of damage/breakage.
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline King of the Hill

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • The best beer in the world is the one in your hand
    • Jeeps on the Brain
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:07:02 PM »
I'll be away for Memorial Day weekend, but I am SO IN for the next time.
75 CJ-5        Plow Jeep Still for Sale - $800 w/4way plow
77 CJ-5        Red Jeep - 401, T18, Locked F&R
77 CJ-7        Sons Jeep - Built from Race Jeep remnants
79 CJ-7        Q-Track - Aging gracefully in the woods(well, not much left)
84 CJ-7        Rock Jeep - BYS  (Big Yellow Shitbox) on one tons
95 Wrangler  Sons commuter Jeep - bone stock 4 popper
97 TJ           Black Jeep on Slinkys
04 Grand Cherokee Overland - Wife's Jeep,  Too nice for me!

Offline MassXJ

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 07:13:43 PM »
Paul,
just a heads up this falls on one of the clubs big weekends
Quote from: Mrs. Whoopie Pies
Then we have those guys that feel like constant cornmeal in ones pants . Alan for example.

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 08:06:36 PM »
Paul,
just a heads up this falls on one of the clubs big weekends

Thanks for the info, I'll still be out there to anyone who wants to meet up.

Offline MassXJ

• Global Moderator
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 08:43:51 PM »
Just didnt want you to be discouraged  if you don't get any takers.  I do know there are a few people interested in learning that area
Quote from: Mrs. Whoopie Pies
Then we have those guys that feel like constant cornmeal in ones pants . Alan for example.

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 09:12:24 PM »
Just didnt want you to be discouraged  if you don't get any takers.  I do know there are a few people interested in learning that area

I have 3 local guys that will head out on a phone call.  It will never be a waste of time.

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
Bump, date change because they're opening earlier than expected.