Author Topic: Bantam JEEP Heritage Festival  (Read 458 times)

Offline Necroscope

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
  • What will be, will be...what will be, has been...
Bantam JEEP Heritage Festival
« on: May 03, 2016, 01:24:09 PM »
Anybody here planning on going to the Bantam JEEP Heritage Festival next month? Has anybody ever gone before? If so, is it in an "official" N.E. JEEP Org. event or just a for fun type of trip? Not sure if I want to make the ride all the way out there. Looks like fun though...

www.bantamjeepfestival.com

Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival
Celebrating 76 Years of Jeep, 1940 - 2016

The Bantam Jeep Heritage Festival is a tribute event for the father of all jeeps, the history behind it, the people who created it, and its birthplace, Butler, Pennsylvania. The main event is at Coopers Lake Campground while the Jeep Invasion takes place in Downtown Butler.

Bantam is one of the premier Jeep-only events in the nation and Jeep owners from all over the country will be at Bantam June 10-12, 2016. Will you?

Thousands of rare military models, modified off-road- ready vehicles and stock daily-driver Jeeps will all make their way to the event. The variety of Jeep models and other Festival activities offer a fun-filled weekend for Jeep enthusiasts of all ages. From off-road trails and the Show ?n Shine competition to the always changing Jeep History Exhibit and 100+ vendors, this Jeep weekend is something you won?t want to miss!

The event will also feature How-To Clinics, History Speakers, a WWII Encampment, Off-site Trail Rides and Tours, a raffle of Jeep products and accessories, and kids activities.

Take your Jeep off-road on the trails and Playground or show it off in Show 'n Shine. Walk through a WWII military encampment and learn about how the Jeep was born. Don't miss the Jeep Invasion street party, the informative clinics and great merchandise. Come and pay tribute to the father of all Jeeps, the Bantam, and experience three days of fun and camaraderie with others who share the same enthusiasm for the Jeep!

Join us for what our attendees call ?Jeep Heaven? and enjoy three days of camaraderie with others who share the same enthusiasm for the Jeep as you do!
For more information, visit BantamJeepFestival.com or call 724-256-4050.

2016 Event Highlights:
?Join us for the annual Jeep Invasion in downtown Butler on June 10th for a street party full of music, food, fun and of course 1,000+ Jeeps!
?The Jeep Playground, sponsored by Quadratec, is one of the Festival's most popular activities. Look for a fun new obstacle this year in addition to the mud pit and rock crawl!
?See a dozen rare and unique Jeep models from the 1950s featured in the 2016 Jeep History Exhibit. PLUS, don't miss the brand new exhibit, The Faces of Jeep, that will showcase Jeep grilles from the 1940s and 1950s
?Hit the On-Site Trails and test your Jeep's off-road capabilities. Trails are available for beginners in stock Jeeps and experienced Jeepers with modified Jeeps!
?If you own a JK or JKU, don't miss your chance to be the 2016 Bantam Ultimate Jeeper! You could win $10,000+ in new parts and accessories for your Jeep from nine different Festival sponsors. Be prepared to take some selfies throughout the weekend and you could win BIG!

Bring your Jeep home to Butler, Pa. and create a new tradition Jeepin' with your family!

In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete. Drawn, only to be washed away...For the time that I've been given...I am what I am...

Offline Gorilla_Skater

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Bantam JEEP Heritage Festival
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:27:54 PM »
There are no NEJEEP plans to attend Bantam. I would personally like to go some time, but it's not going to happen for me this year or next. 
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

"Teamwork makes the Dream Work!"

Offline BC Miller

• NEJEEP Member
  • Mall Crawler
Re: Bantam JEEP Heritage Festival
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 12:52:57 PM »
I went last year, so I can give a (very) quick review:  First off, yes it's a long drive (about 7.5 hours from the Hartford area).  Frankly, if I didn't have free hotel nights, I might not have made the trip.  But I did have free nights, and I'm glad I went.  There are a ton of vendors, so it's a good place to shop, and ask a lot of questions.  The on site trail range from (too) easy to (not) hard (enough).  Any Jeep could handle the easy, and you'd only need a slightly modified Jeep to run the "hard".  A novice Jeep person would still find them fun (all the rain they had made them even more fun), and you can run them as many times as you want.  A hard core wheeler, however, would probably get board quickly.  I think I heard they're making some changes to the trails this year, hopefully adding some obstacles.

The playground also had various challenges ranging from easy to hard (they had to close the mud pit because it got too hard/dangerous).  I think they are adding some obstacles here too.  The "Jeep Invasion" in downtown Butler is kinda cool too.  They close Main street and only allow Jeeps to park there.

Overall, I'm glad I went.  Do you need to spend all 3 days at the show?  Probably not (I was ready to leave after the 2nd day, but was there for the 3rd).  If you combine the trip with a stop somewhere like Rausch Creek (which I did not do), it could make the travel even more worth while.
2013 Rubicon, 2dr, 4.5" Teraflex lift, 35" Procomp Xtreme MT2 tires, Smittybilt winch