Author Topic: New guy with a TJ  (Read 392 times)

Offline NickMaida

• Probie
New guy with a TJ
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:44:11 PM »
Hey guys! I came down to the Farmington mini golf meet n greet last week. I've had a 97 TJ for a couple years. Bought it with 33s and a 5" lift and sprayed it inside and out with Raptorliner. I bought it as a fun summer vehicle and intended on selling it after a few years for the same I bought it for. ...and then I broke a driveshaft and ripped off a control arm bracket out in Nepaug. Since then I've torn it down almost to the frame and spent more money than I'd like to admit. Sound familiar? :)

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to joining a club and actually having real places to go wheeling. And I'd love to have the advice and support of more experienced guys out there.
I look forward to hanging out and hopefully go wheeling soon!

Nick

'97 TJ 4.0 - 35s

Offline Lambchop

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: New guy with a TJ
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 09:48:58 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
Re: New guy with a TJ
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 06:59:20 AM »
Welcome, check out Nuts & Bolts, plenty of info there. If you have a question, just ask. One of us has probably done it. Lot of knowledge hanging out...
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig