Author Topic: Legal trails  (Read 858 times)

Offline Danny_Med

Legal trails
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:31:44 AM »
Do any of you know about any legal trails or roads in Connecticut or Western Massachusetts area? Definitely looking for more simple trails

Online Lambchop

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Legal trails
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 01:07:44 AM »
There are quite a few that we use but you will have a difficult time getting most to post details on them where anyone can read. Most clubs are very protective of what little land we have left to wheel on due to idiots finding out about them and ruining it for everyone. If you are truly interested wheeling your jeep the best route is look around at the different clubs in the area (including this one) and join the one that fits what you are looking for. Our club has access and wheels trails from stock to full buggy and have regular wheeling trips. However you wont see much info on the trails posted on the public side of the forum where anyone can read. I hope you understand but as I said legal wheeling in getting harder and harder and we are protective of what land we do have access to.

Offline XtraChrisP

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
  • Yup
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 06:08:07 AM »
Well said
2005 LJ Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 5.5 Clayton Long Arm, 1.25" JKS body lift, 35" Mickey Thompson MTZ

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
..and just too add,
there is no public land to legally wheel on in Connecticut,
regardless of what you hear from anyone else.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. -Thomas Jefferson

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
  • uh-oh he posted another avatar.
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 05:34:04 PM »
I have hundreds of miles of legal trails.  But I'm in Nh.
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 06:35:37 PM »
-begin rant
  Somewhere along the line, a libtard lawmaker decided that people who hunt fish and go four wheeling are not entitled to use state property unless they pay outrageous fees and obey ridiculous laws written by someone who's never left an office, or are just banned from doing what they love on property they pay taxes on. But if your idea of outdoor recreation is hiking or peddling a bicycle then you have utmost authority on all said properties, for FREE.
  Not only are the true outdoorsman paying for trails for the hikers and bikers, but we all have to grant these bastards right of way when they ride in the street designed for our vehicles.  ....and it's all because of the rogue, illegal, beer can slinging, property shredding yahoos who give US a bad name. Thus, the libtards who are too mentally deficient to differentiate between the good guys and the bad guys, outlaw the activity for everyone.
 :swear_mad:
-end rant
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. -Thomas Jefferson

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 07:05:52 PM »
I'll add to your rant!  The "rails for trails" program in CT was sold to the public including motorized vehicles such as dirt bikes, ATVs, and Snowmobiles (like in other states).  They took those off the list after the  project was approved  :swear_mad:
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline Paul'TheGuest'W

• Rock Crawler
  • uh-oh he posted another avatar.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:55:50 AM »
I'll add to your rant!  The "rails for trails" program in CT was sold to the public including motorized vehicles such as dirt bikes, ATVs, and Snowmobiles (like in other states).  They took those off the list after the  project was approved  :swear_mad:

The sleds run right past my house in the winter.  Kids love to watch.
OMG, this guys avatar may get me in trouble at work.  Not the personal use of company property, I'm safe there.  Its his avatar that's going to get me in trouble.  Phew its gone, now I can get back to screwing off on company time!!

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 12:21:10 PM »
Sorry for hijacking your thread Danny but now I'm all wound up...lol
 :mrgreen:
Just to be fair... (sarcastic libtard thinking now goes into effect here)...

I think bicycles should be banned from use on any road designated for use by a motor vehicle.
This only seems right, after all, the non peddling population pays for the majority of the peddling trails and we're not allowed to use them for non peddling activities. So the peddling people should not be allowed to use the non peddling trails.
Furthermore, In think the peddlers should be charged a FEE to use these designated peddling trails. We'll tell them that this is necessary for trail maintenance and repair. This would be in the form of a TAX PER MILE PEDDLED. which will go into a general fund for trails.
 (this of course will not be available when maintenance is actually needed because Malloy and company would have already spent it on gun control measures)

.....stay tuned to see my next political suggestion on a Golf Tax where there will be a tax (per hole) played.
This will merely be an extension of the existing luxury tax.... so don't worry about it :mrgreen:   we'll take care of it in a secret closed door Sunday session. Fees collected will be used to restore the CT fisheries stocking program

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 06:40:13 PM »

They should have left them rails! I may have been able to walk to work!! :swear_mad: hahaha
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline JK4JandK

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2017, 10:19:21 AM »
Danny......unfortunately, to add to what has probably already dissuaded you from wanting to wheel....Mass has instituted another way to make wheeling harder.  you need a permit/sticker to wheel in Mass.  see link below.  Good luck, and safe wheeling if you are still interested.....and yes, your best bet is to find a club that fits you, and you it.

http://www.mass.gov/eea/agencies/dcr/massparks/recreational-activities/off-road-vehicles.html
"Wit is educated insolence."   Aristotle

Isish Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to Hell and having them looking forward to the trip.

"I have been trying to get out of High School.....since I got out of High School!"

"You either have to be part of the solution, or you're going to be part of the problem."   Eldridge Cleaver

Yup.....definitely your circus, and your monkeys