Author Topic: Hello From Enfield  (Read 1018 times)

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
Re: Hello From Enfield
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 10:18:20 PM »
XJ's have the perfect wheelbase and suspension (control arms up front and leaf springs in the rear) The 2 door with the AX15 manual and Dana 44 is the holy grail!  My wife had a Colorado Red 1990 in that configuration when we met...
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2017, 06:05:22 AM »
There are still some clean ones out there. They are getting pricey though...

I've got my eye on a 2-door at the end of my street. Was sitting along side a garage a couple years. Then it disappeared for about a month. It's back with a small lift in it.

I watch, then catch myself "it's just another mouth to feed". Bottom line I wouldn't trade my E39 for an XJ DD.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline RedJeepster1

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2017, 06:10:53 AM »
The clean ones come up, they are just hard to find. Mine was pretty clean when I got it almost 3 years ago. Got it for $1200, had a lot of miles on it though. 317k I think? It was on it's second engine. The one Ian has is the cleanest one I have seen. Only 2wd when he got it, hence why it was cheap. After helping with that 4wd swap, that's definitely the way to go for a clean one. Buy a super clean 2wd from down south and get a rusted out 4wd from up here and make one clean 4wd XJ out of the two. Everything is bolt in.
88 YJ, D30, D35, 4.10's, 4.6L Stroker, MPFI, Skyjacker 2.5" Lift, 33's
00 XJ, HP30, Front Truss, WJ Knuckles, High Steer, 3 link, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromo's, IRO Leafs, 4.56's, Rebuilt 4.0, JK Rubi Wheels, 35's

Offline Right Wing Curmudgeon!!!

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • NE Jeep South Carolina Chapter
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2017, 07:13:22 AM »
There are a ton of clean XJs down here, but it seems they don't come up for sale very often. :eek:
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid.
(John Wayne)

Offline Prof_Oaks

• NEJEEP Member
  • Mall Crawler
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2017, 07:28:23 AM »
Ya I've been pretty happy with my xj so far.  Don't get me won't there is so much I want to change but for now it's great.

I had a great time on the Rausch trip with you guys!  A little dented and scratched here and there but hey it's a jeep, not a show car.  And of course the first morning back my rock sliders are delivered to my house....

Oh well. Had a blast though and can't wait to do it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk