Author Topic: help with a price  (Read 165 times)

Offline KGBJeep

help with a price
« on: June 06, 2017, 02:05:11 PM »

newbie needs help
Got my daughter a 1994 wrangler se 4.0 automatic with 156+K. she has driven it for the past 5years , She just graduated from college got a job and now is ready for a newer vehicle. 
we are trying to decide if we should keep the wrangler. or sell it and use money for down payment.  today I was told that these jeep have value . looked on line and there are not to many like this one around.  some are crazy expensive and I do not understand why. the frame has surface rust. body panels are not great. it runs very nice. I just want to know what is a fair price for something like this . thank you very much in advance.

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
Re: help with a price
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2017, 02:17:04 PM »
Need pics, also very rare the frame isnt rotten at the steering box, t-case skid and rear wheel arches. These frames rust from the inside out.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline King of the Hill

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • The best beer in the world is the one in your hand
    • Jeeps on the Brain
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2017, 02:32:28 PM »
KBB says $3700
75 CJ-5        Plow Jeep Still for Sale - $800 w/4way plow
77 CJ-5        Red Jeep - 401, T18, Locked F&R
77 CJ-7        Sons Jeep - Built from Race Jeep remnants
79 CJ-7        Q-Track - Aging gracefully in the woods(well, not much left)
84 CJ-7        Rock Jeep - BYS  (Big Yellow Shitbox) on one tons
95 Wrangler  Sons commuter Jeep - bone stock 4 popper
97 TJ           Black Jeep on Slinkys
04 Grand Cherokee Overland - Wife's Jeep,  Too nice for me!

Offline KGBJeep

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2017, 03:39:31 PM »
Need pics, also very rare the frame isnt rotten at the steering box, t-case skid and rear wheel arches. These frames rust from the inside out.
I will take some pictures and post them . If I can figure out how LOL

Offline KGBJeep

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 03:43:42 PM »
KBB says $3700
That is not horrible . I was hoping for something around $4500 but if I can get 4k that would be a great down payment on a new car. Thank you

Offline KGBJeep

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2017, 06:50:28 PM »
not to sound stupid but how do I post pictures