Author Topic: exhaust loop relocation  (Read 141 times)

Offline markus68

• Probie
  • Mall Crawler
exhaust loop relocation
« on: June 19, 2017, 09:11:31 PM »
Just curious ,,anyone running a Rough Country's 2012 & Up Jeep JK Exhaust Loop Relocation Kit? Only place i couldn't really armor (haven't hit it yet though ) lol
Mark

Offline BC Miller

• NEJEEP Member
  • Mall Crawler
Re: exhaust loop relocation
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 11:12:59 AM »
I've looked at that too, but here's the thing you have to be careful with if you go that route - your Jeep's warranty.  That loop is part of the exhaust down pipe, which also includes the catalytic converter (it's all one piece).  The converter is covered under the 8 year/80K mile emissions warranty.  If you modify the pipe, you void the warranty.  Last year a crack developed in one of the welds on the driver's side converter of my Jeep.  Fortunately it was covered under warranty.  If I had cut out the factory loop and installed the RC loop relocation pipe, I would have been screwed.  So for now I'm using a Skid Row Offroad skid plate to protect it.

If you're out of warranty, or willing to take the risk that nothing will happen to your cat., then I think it's a good idea.
2013 Rubicon, 2dr, 4.5" Teraflex lift, 35" Procomp Xtreme MT2 tires, Smittybilt winch

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 07:23:10 PM »
I installed a Magnaflow loop delete Y pipe to help clear my long arms. Unfortunately I can't tell you how well it fits a stock setup, had to cut mine to clear everything, but it's very well built and would probably go on easy.
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline markus68

• Probie
  • Mall Crawler
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 08:17:04 PM »
hmm sounded so easy in the catalog  lol
Mark

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 04:33:59 AM »
hmm sounded so easy in the catalog  lol

Hahaha that's how everything is! I thought my lift was going to be a weekend project lol
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new