Author Topic: TEN Factory chromoly axle group buy  (Read 1841 times)

Offline Space Shuttle Commander

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
Re: TEN Factory chromoly axle group buy
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2017, 09:38:37 AM »
Not a huge fan of those axle seals, if anything they trap crap in the axle tube. as the knuckles turn it forces the longer side of the axle to pivot in the tube. The seals are compressed and crap goes in the tube. every time ive pulled the axle shafts, and seals there was water and grime in there. atleast with the tubes open the stuff is able to work its way out.

After sleeving a dana 30, it works way better than adding a truss. the only downside is it now making the weakest point the axle housing.

by sleeving the tubes it also decreases the amount of stuff that can build up in the tubes. If you install tube sleeves you cannot run the seals
Sometimes I get to drive Becca's Jeep

**** ALAN TASTE GOOD  ****

Offline Right Wing Curmudgeon!!!

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • NE Jeep South Carolina Chapter
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2017, 09:57:47 AM »
I have those, I agree they just trap crap in.  I'm taking mine off the next time I pull my axles. :swear_mad:
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid.
(John Wayne)

Offline RedJeepster1

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2017, 10:40:04 AM »
Good to know. I don’t have the plastic dust guards anymore and was considering getting some of these seals. Guess I’ll leave it alone though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
88 YJ, D30, D35, 4.10's, 4.6L Stroker, MPFI, Skyjacker 2.5" Lift, 33's
00 XJ, HP30, Front Truss, WJ Knuckles, High Steer, 3 link, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromo's, IRO Leafs, 4.56's, Rebuilt 4.0, JK Rubi Wheels, 35's

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2017, 10:50:12 AM »
This info helps make up my mind what to do with my axles. Currently I have seals. Didn’t sleeve yet because I couldn’t figure out what axles size to go with. Had contemplated 35 spline. Also thought about doing full float kit. I really like all of the Rock Krawler stuff but there’s no way to compare to 60s. Current plan is to stick with the 32 spline, sleeve and truss 44s till it’s time for 60s.
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline Broken99TJ

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • http://www.objectriver.net
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »
If you do heavy mud, not mud puddles, you need those axles seals. I've had so much sand in the tube that it lifted the axle up and leaked at the carrier seal. Had to wet vac the axle tube out.

Offline Space Shuttle Commander

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #80 on: October 26, 2017, 12:09:46 PM »
And this is why I avoid mud !
Sometimes I get to drive Becca's Jeep

**** ALAN TASTE GOOD  ****