Author Topic: HURRICANE IRMA  (Read 507 times)

Offline SJJEEP

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • CAR KILLER
    • sjjeep.com
HURRICANE IRMA
« on: September 07, 2017, 01:36:26 PM »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SJJEEP

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • CAR KILLER
    • sjjeep.com
Re: HURRICANE IRMA
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
Mary, Bruce   Be safe down there.

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »
That looks accurate! Seek high ground and don't forget your pets!
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline Right Wing Curmudgeon!!!

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • NE Jeep South Carolina Chapter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »
Yeah, not looking forward to it.
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid.
(John Wayne)

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 04:03:14 PM »
Yeah, not looking forward to it.

Will your house be buttoned up enough? I was concerned about y'all when I saw the path.

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
My parents are in the completely fawk zone! Dad being an X cop, not getting to excited.
nada! Shopping for parts for new build.

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 08:15:22 PM »
We are gonna hunker down.   Things are looking better for SC.  The new house should be OK.  (I hope) :pope:
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

(John Wayne)

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 08:28:07 PM »
My parents are in the completely fawk zone! Dad being an X cop, not getting to excited.

same here. Mother and Brother...completely fawk
Cant expect ANY help from insurance companies or FEMA
They're spent out in Texas.
The only thing the Floridians are gonna get is FRAUD
The dirtbags are driving down there right now as I type.
I've done post hurricane recovery work before. If my hip wasn't toast, I'd be doing it again.
DEET and Gasoline are on the most wanted list. Water and Food will be covered by the NG on or about day 3 after. People have NO fawk clue how bad post hurricane mosquitos are untill you live it. Especially Florida.
Chainsaw is your best friend, Machette is your 2nd best friend, . You will only try to cut a soggy palm tree with a chainsaw....ONE time  LOL   then you learn.
  My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
  To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
 -Thomas Jefferson

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 09:15:59 PM »
I agree, chainsaws are gold.  Along with generators and fuel.  Gas stations are tapped.  Plenty of diesel.  Gonna be a crazy monday!

(John Wayne)

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 05:30:47 AM »
I tried once again to convince them to leave. (I knew they wouldn't anyways) but now it's already extremely difficult, even impossible for some. Florida is already out of gas due to hoarding and people fleeing the state. Airlines are cranking up ticket prices, tripleing in price overnight. Wait till CNN gets that story....they'll find some way to justify that shit. Roadways are parking lots. It's already a disaster even before the disaster. All that's left now is prayer.
  My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
  To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
 -Thomas Jefferson

Online RedJeepster1

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 05:47:27 AM »
One of my friends from high school is going to college in Florida and tried to leave the state. He left Wednesday and it took him 24 hours to drive to Georgia. I can only imagine what it's like trying to get out now.
88 YJ, D30, D35, 4.10's, 4.6L Stroker, MPFI, Skyjacker 2.5" Lift, 33's
00 XJ, HP30, Front Truss, WJ Knuckles, High Steer, 3 link, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromo's, IRO Leafs, 4.56's, Rebuilt 4.0, JK Rubi Wheels, 35's

Offline King of the Hill

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • The best beer in the world is the one in your hand
    • Jeeps on the Brain
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2017, 06:09:09 AM »
I agree, chainsaws are gold.  Along with generators and fuel.  Gas stations are tapped.  Plenty of diesel.  Gonna be a crazy monday!

Interesting about the Diesel, never really gave that a thought.
75 CJ-5        Plow Jeep Still for Sale - $800 w/4way plow
77 CJ-5        Red Jeep - 401, T18, Locked F&R
77 CJ-7        Sons Jeep - Built from Race Jeep remnants
79 CJ-7        Q-Track - Aging gracefully in the woods(well, not much left)
84 CJ-7        Rock Jeep - BYS  (Big Yellow Shitbox) on one tons
95 Wrangler  Sons commuter Jeep - bone stock 4 popper
97 TJ           Black Jeep on Slinkys
04 Grand Cherokee Overland - Wife's Jeep,  Too nice for me!

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2017, 07:32:15 AM »
People will be stranded on the highways with no gas or water. Chances of getting out now are slim...

Living in Central Florida historically was sheilded from most hurricanes being 50 miles inland (very much like Houston) this one is a different ball game entirely... 
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2017, 07:37:44 AM »
Its looking good for us here in Charleston, so far...  Gonna be some tropical winds and rain but it should miss us.  My brother in GA however is gonna feel it go right over him!  My mother inlaw is in FL up by Naples.  Not sure if she evacuated.  Mary called her on Tuesday and she new nothing of the Hurricane.  :rolleyes:

(John Wayne)

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2017, 11:09:11 AM »
She's on the West Coast just south of Tampa and hopefully won't the full effect being its coming upward. Prayers ...
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2017, 06:56:01 PM »
That's horrible! I would assume the northbound Amtrak auto train is booked solid

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2017, 07:20:00 PM »
How can anyone think there is nothing crooked or illegal going on when a one way ticket out, that was $103, now goes for $1080.  ?
The airlines have the blood of everyone that dies in this, on thier hands.
 -Thomas Jefferson

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2017, 07:41:30 PM »
I don't understand why the government just send a bunch of c17s down there and get them out.

(John Wayne)

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 05:29:12 AM »
She's on the West Coast just south of Tampa and hopefully won't the full effect being its coming upward. Prayers ...
My Parents are in Sarasota, looks like a forecasted direct hit! :eek:
nada! Shopping for parts for new build.

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 06:11:19 AM »
My sister lives in Marco Island on the water , My two brothers live in Naples . The three of them have decided to stay a ride it out ! Cant believe they are doing this.    FjR68

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 06:22:28 AM »
I don't understand why the government just send a bunch of c17s down there and get them out.

Right!? Being proactive makes way more sense. But every government agency I've ever dealt with is reactive.