Author Topic: Looking for specific hi lift jack mount help  (Read 197 times)

Offline cwright161

Looking for specific hi lift jack mount help
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:45:58 PM »
So, on my JK I have an Barricade trailforce  hd bumper with tire carrier. I would like to mount my high lift jack to the top of the carrier and am looking at 3 options that I have seen but want to know if anyone has them can I can get some measurements on them to see if they fit directly or if modifications are necessary

1. JCR Offroad  Adventure Tire Carrier Hi-Lift Mount  for 07-15 JeepĀ® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK

2. JCR Offroad  Adventure Carrier Hi-Lift Jack Mount  for 84-01 JeepĀ® Cherokee with Adventure Carrier

3. Poison Spyder RockBrawler Hi-Lift Jack Mount

Basically anything to attaches to existing bolt holes in my tire carrier to it can sit near the top of the tire

https://www.jcroffroad.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/XJAC_ADWORDS.JPG this is the general idea I'm going for

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiVjPGa98PWAhWBSSYKHTqlAjoQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jcroffroad.com%2Fproduct%2FXJAC.html&psig=AFQjCNEScCj4FktxrLNk24CNm77Ediitgw&ust=1506552296228188

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Looking for specific hi lift jack mount help
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 06:00:17 PM »
Give Eric and Gill a call over at Offroad Elements 774-826-9948 they might have some of those in stock and can give you the measurements.
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline Lambchop

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 06:13:46 PM »
#5 You can have someone make one out of box tubing and angle iron for dirt cheap and just weld it to your carrier....

Offline beaker

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • chillin and grillin
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
Mine gets attached to cage with exhaust u bolts.  Remember mounting hi lift to outside of jeep will mean beating it with a rock after two or three seasons to get it to work on the trail when you finally need it.
"Abe Lincoln may have freed all men, but Sam Colt made them equal." Unknown

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."  Benjamin Franklin

Offline cwright161

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:58:44 AM »
#5 You can have someone make one out of box tubing and angle iron for dirt cheap and just weld it to your carrier....

I had an idea like that but I want it to all be removable for stuff like taking the jeep on a non wheeling vacation or for what ever reason

Offline Lambchop

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 08:56:19 PM »

I had an idea like that but I want it to all be removable for stuff like taking the jeep on a non wheeling vacation or for what ever reason

Small T bracket welded on shouldnt get in the way of anything. Or you can be like mine and have a 2" receiver hitch welded onto the carrier so a small T bracket that holds the hi lift can come and go

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 08:58:39 PM »
I mounted mine in my tub just inside the tail gate. Living in Fairfield County we tend to hide the items we want to hold on to...   :smile:

Fabbed my own mounting hardware and padlocks in place. Also keeps it out of the weather somewhat.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline harryhood

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:02:08 PM »
 Those seem Like a lot of money for something  that holds a jack
"it's like you're playing the triangle"