Author Topic: Power issue????  (Read 127 times)

Offline cjshloman

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Wanna see my totem pole?
Power issue????
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:10:32 PM »
Got a weird thing going on with my tj. Driving it home the other night i had no hi beams on my headlights, just lows.  I figured this to be an issure with my plow wiring because the plow lights went out this year and just had headlights.  Well the other nite, my stereo would turn off and randomly power back on.  Tonite, i start it, no wipers, or turn signals, no stereo and still no hi beams. They finally came on all was well, just no hi beams.  Stopped and started 3 different times at different places.  Same no power to these things at start. It eventually came on, after waiting, 5 minuets at the most. What did seem to be odd was it seemed to come back on after moving my steering wheel around, left to right.   Is this a clockspring thing??  Anyone know?  Is it a bitch to do?  Thanks guys trying to get this thing in good order again and ready to plow too!!!
My girlfriend can't fight, but you should see her box.....

'98 TJ, 3" BDS, 33" TSL Swamper's, lite body armour, plow.......stay tuned...Bull is coming back to the wheeling scene BITCHES!!!!

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
Re: Power issue????
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 09:23:27 PM »
I had the same issues when I got my 99TJ last year!  Solved the radio issue by installing a new head unit and wiring it directly to the fuse box.  Turn signals - I have a weird thing where the left hand turn signal doesn't blink sometimes when I hit the brakes depending on the wheel position.  No problem with the HiBeams but sometimes when I hit the brakes the left turn signal lights up!

The previous owner (Tina) said it had something to do the clock spring and multi function stalk/switch...  I'm just living with it for now, but a bearing in the steering column is starting to drag so I hope when I swap a new junkyard column in the problems will be fixed
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline RedJeepster1

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 04:46:39 AM »
Usually when I have multiple issues like that that all show up at once, I look for a bad ground first, then start investigating farther into each issue if I can’t find a ground issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
88 YJ, D30, D35, 4.10's, 4.6L Stroker, MPFI, Skyjacker 2.5" Lift, 33's
00 XJ, HP30, Front Truss, WJ Knuckles, High Steer, 3 link, Locked C8.25 w/ Chromo's, IRO Leafs, 4.56's, Rebuilt 4.0, JK Rubi Wheels, 35's

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 05:14:49 AM »
I was going to say same thing, check grounds.
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Online Mr. Easy

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 07:09:48 AM »
X3 grounds
"it's like you're playing the triangle"