Author Topic: Body and Motor Mount Lift  (Read 477 times)

Offline Mr. Easy

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
Re: Body and Motor Mount Lift
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2017, 04:38:47 PM »
I needed a body lift to fit the ultra high clearance skid that I am running.

What high clearance skid are you running?  My TJ has one that I don't know the MFG, but I'd like to lose the body mount lift since I have all the tire clearance I need with the MetalCloak set up...  If you are on 35's - when you get a chance, take a measurement from the pavement to the bottom of the belly skid plate.  I'm at around 22" now

It's an undercover fab skid.

it's 21.5 inches to the bottom of the skid.
"it's like you're playing the triangle"

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2017, 11:35:30 PM »
Sweet!  That 21"-22" clearance is what I have now...  I bought some 3.5" springs from an NEJeep member that I hope will drop the body/tub height down an inch - I'm getting old and need the lower step in height
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2017, 08:52:20 AM »
Sweet!  That 21"-22" clearance is what I have now...  I bought some 3.5" springs from an NEJeep member that I hope will drop the body/tub height down an inch - I'm getting old and need the lower step in height

I took the 2" tub lift out two years ago. Brought it down to roughly 6" lift. Rig is more stable and getting in/out is easier. The only downside is I can't see/clean the top of the gas tank, frame rails, etc...
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline Mr. Easy

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 10:23:37 AM »
It's a pita for me to get in mine too. Kyle can almost get in by  himself. That will be awesome once that happens.
"it's like you're playing the triangle"

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 02:30:33 PM »
I have a set of JKS MML blocks.  40 buks in enfield     FjR68