Author Topic: COREC  (Read 198 times)

Offline CTAVIATOR

COREC
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »
what's everyone's thoughts on corec being able to leverage DEEP to get us local areas to wheel? I joined up and paid their fee because it sounds promising. Would be great to have something that's local.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline joe98tj

• Probie
  • Trail Ready
Re: COREC
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 10:18:24 PM »
They're still a long way off but good progress seems to be happening. I've been reluctant to join with trying to balance building the jeep and working on joining this club so I wouldn't have much time to help out. The only thing that concerns me is they don't have a vetting process in place to weed out bad eggs. Hopefully no one comes in and ends up halting or setting back any progress they have made. It would be cool to have some class 6 roads like they have up in Mass. The property they have now should eventually set as a good example for how the organization can create, maintain, and monitor the use of land dedicated to offroading. That is, if they can hold on to that property and nothing bad happens with the owner. Theres a lot of what ifs that could happen and ruin it all but like I said, from the outside it seems like good progress is being made and I'm just happy someone is out there trying to make Connecticut begin to realize we're not all teenagers with POS jeeps and trucks with 4 wheel drive that look to rip and tear up every mud hole we find just to get the vehicle dirty to post on instagram.
Mean, Green, Sticker Machine

98 wrangler • 4 cylinder • in progress •

2014 Ram Power Wagon Tow Rig/World Class Gas Guzzler

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 05:51:16 AM »
They are going to have some growing pains
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:46:06 AM »
They are a lobbying organization with a long road ahead. Numbers are needed and frankly will take anyone that pretty much fills out an app. It's up to the general membership to watch over our right to wheel and change behavior. We have to monitor it. All of us...
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Online Gorilla_Skater

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 07:36:30 AM »
The key thing with COREC is that they decided to represent multi use, not just jeeps or not just atvs and side by sides. While it makes the organization big, everyone is in on the ground floor starting to work together. Personally, I am a believer in the unified voice that many of the Land Use Advocates preach.

There are many that have said "We (they) tried before, but failed. There will never be any offroading on state land in CT. " Matt House wouldn't accept that. Remember, it took Marc Pouliot and NWOR 10+ years of working with New Hampshire Legislature to get Jericho Trail open to the public. The never give up attitude is what got it done.
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" Goodyear MTR's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

1N73LL1G3NC3 15 7H3 4B1L17Y 70 4D4P7 70 CH4NG3 ~573PH3N H4WK1NG

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:59:57 AM »
There's a gigantic liberal, tree hugging hurdle in front of it all that makes their mission seem hopeless.
A blue state government, hot air ship, that's so inflated with bureaucracy that it can't even turn or maneuver.
But Rey made a great positive point, "never give up".

WE are responsible to reach out to those rogue, illegal, beer can slinging, yahoo wheelers and educate them on the right and wrong way to participate in this sport. Point out to them that what they are doing is wrong and that not getting caught or "nobody says anything"  DOES NOT make it OK.  Tell them the benefits of belonging to organized communities.
Join a club. Convert.
  My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
  To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
 -Thomas Jefferson

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:29 AM »
Ive brought this up before. There is a reason adult riders in CT arent required to wear a helmet. Get 400 paticipantes at the State Capitol in an orderly organized fashion, even the liberals take notice. 400 votes is a scarey thing to them and they do notice. There was a helmet law in the 70’s. It was overturned.  Its doable with persistence and orderly numbers.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 09:28:51 AM »
Persistence and numbers of the tree huggers is why we do not have any public land wheeling.
nada! Shopping for parts for new build.

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 11:46:54 AM »
Persistence and numbers of the tree huggers is why we do not have any public land wheeling.

So, then again, create a force to be reconded with. It isn’t the tee huggers. It’s all about State Liability is why we have limited access.

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

Offline Angrytj

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
  • Luciano
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2017, 12:06:28 PM »
I did join to at minimum donate $25 to the cause and be notified of trail cleanup days but I'm with Joe here and worried without a vetting process there will be plenty of bad eggs.

In the comments of the facebook posts alone it was turning into a zoo where COREC had to then post rules to follow because they don't want to have a bad image.

I think the individuals running it are very smart and determined so I'm willing to help when I can and make the dream a reality. They have land so its a step in the right direction now we just need to make sure people don't trespass and ruin it for everyone.
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 35s, 5in rear stretch, Poison Spyder hiline defender front fenders and rear armor, Rokmen Sliders, custom hiline hood, Synergy front half and custom rear half roll cage, Mastercraft seats, 4pt harness, TJ rubi 44 axles, ARBs, 488 gears, chromo shafts, truss front and rear, front axle is sleeved, tie rod flip, PSC hydro assist steering box and ram, Vanco big brake kit, Raceline beadlocks and other little things.