Author Topic: Clutch advice  (Read 460 times)

Online Mr. Easy

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
Re: Clutch advice
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2017, 06:49:18 PM »
Oops.  Yea pat I mean
"it's like you're playing the triangle"

Offline markus68

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2017, 08:57:24 PM »
excellent advice once again
Mark

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2017, 06:42:11 AM »
If you make that top bolt the first one you take out , It works like magic. Support the trans/T-Case by jack and remove crossmember. Lower jack to the point the top bolt gets visible. After taking that one out. Jack the bitch up and support the engine , I use one of my hold down ratchet straps frame rail to frame rail under the pan , remove the rest. FjR68

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 07:02:08 AM »
If you make that top bolt the first one you take out , It works like magic. Support the trans/T-Case by jack and remove crossmember. Lower jack to the point the top bolt gets visible. After taking that one out. Jack the bitch up and support the engine , I use one of my hold down ratchet straps frame rail to frame rail under the pan , remove the rest. FjR68

That's good advice. You don't want all the pressure on the hardest bolt to get out. Learned that the hard way when I was young
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 10:34:52 AM »
  This is golden advice!  Wish I knew that tidbit 15 years ago when I did my engine swap on my YJ!
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline markus68

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2017, 07:27:37 PM »
thats what I'm talking about...! perfect ...I will follow those steps....
Mark

Offline Mr. Clean

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2017, 09:49:16 PM »
For reassembling I went to home depot with one of the big bolts at 3 and 9 o'clock, got some treaded rod the same size and used it as guides on each side to keep everything lined up for the install. The few ive done this way went together in seconds for the input shaft into the pilot bearing....
I have no idea what I'm doing... but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2017, 05:32:45 AM »
For reassembling I went to home depot with one of the big bolts at 3 and 9 o'clock, got some treaded rod the same size and used it as guides on each side to keep everything lined up for the install. The few ive done this way went together in seconds for the input shaft into the pilot bearing....

I like that!
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline markus68

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2017, 07:22:32 AM »
cheap insurance....very nice
Mark