Author Topic: I-6 to V-8  (Read 102 times)

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
I-6 to V-8
« on: December 21, 2017, 01:43:21 PM »
Im building a 360 for my CJ . I have an I-6 in there now with a T-176 behind it. I have the 360 flywheel and my question is , the bell housing bolt pattern is the same , will I have to change anything else , pilot bushing,input shaft length, throw out bearing . I have the frame mounts so the difference in mounting location isnt an issue. Any thing else you can think of .    Thanks FjR68

Offline King of the Hill

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • The best beer in the world is the one in your hand
    • Jeeps on the Brain
Re: I-6 to V-8
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 03:24:15 PM »
You should be good to go.  The only thing you normally have to change is the passenger motor mount on the frame.  Just be sure the frame mounts are from a similar year CJ.  You have the C Channel  frame that went up to '75.  76 and up have a different boxed frame that flares wider in the back.
75 CJ-5        Plow Jeep Still for Sale - $800 w/4way plow
77 CJ-5        Red Jeep - 401, T18, Locked F&R
77 CJ-7        Sons Jeep - Built from Race Jeep remnants
79 CJ-7        Q-Track - Aging gracefully in the woods(well, not much left)
84 CJ-7        Rock Jeep - BYS  (Big Yellow Shitbox) on one tons
95 Wrangler  Sons commuter Jeep - bone stock 4 popper
97 TJ           Black Jeep on Slinkys
04 Grand Cherokee Overland - Wife's Jeep,  Too nice for me!

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
Re: I-6 to V-8
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:47:04 AM »
Thank you Bud.  My whole frame is boxed in . Home grown version , straight chassis. Thats why I took the frame mounts also , so I wouldnt have to adapt anything.  Just couldnt find deff info on whether everything else was good to go. Going hydraulic clutch also to stop losing the peddle when crossed up or the linkage falling out. Thanks Frank