Author Topic: Baby it's cold outside  (Read 345 times)

Online SJJEEP

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • CAR KILLER
    • sjjeep.com
Baby it's cold outside
« on: December 29, 2017, 07:03:21 AM »
Another New England winter day,  Hope everyone has plans for the weekend and new year.

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Baby it's cold outside
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 07:25:21 AM »
Why do we continue to live here?? :cry:
nada! Shopping for parts for new build.

Online SJJEEP

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • CAR KILLER
    • sjjeep.com
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 07:38:05 AM »

Someone has to pay the taxes

Online Right Wing Curmudgeon!!!

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • NE Jeep South Carolina Chapter
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 08:02:24 AM »

I agree! :mrgreen:

Dude, you could make a fortune down here!
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid.
(John Wayne)

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 08:20:38 AM »
Pensions boys and girls, pensions. That's why we stay.

Rita also has issues leaving her parents. We also want to see where the kids ultimately land. The two girls are talking Boston, one willing and her best friend works at Google and wants to be near them. One job restricted but said she will move to New Hampshire if she isforced to relocate. Her other options are NC Tech Triangle or Atlanta. I'm in for either of those options. Not going north. Randy simply not sure yet.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 08:22:49 AM »

Susan and I are planning a trip down in March, going to check out Asheville NC down to Greenville SC.

Offline Space Shuttle Commander

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 08:33:41 AM »
im sick of the cold already.... the garage heater can barely keep up when its this cold.

Im liking the idea of moving south when my parents are gone
Sometimes I get to drive Becca's Jeep

**** ALAN TASTE GOOD  ****

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 08:40:30 AM »

Susan and I are planning a trip down in March, going to check out Asheville NC down to Greenville SC.

Charleston is growing!  You should check it out.  You have a place to stay!  Lots of money to be made in the trades.  Believe me, they need good finish guys down here!
03 Rubicon, 4 inch Clayton Short Arm Lift, Rokmen TT and Gas Tank Skids, TW DS front and Rear, 1 inch Daystar BL, 35x12.5-15 Cooper STTs, Warn 9.5ti winch.

A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan next week.(George Patton)

(John Wayne)

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 08:41:09 AM »
Pensions boys and girls, pensions. That's why we stay.

Rita also has issues leaving her parents. We also want to see where the kids ultimately land. The two girls are talking Boston, one willing and her best friend works at Google and wants to be near them. One job restricted but said she will move to New Hampshire if she isforced to relocate. Her other options are NC Tech Triangle or Atlanta. I'm in for either of those options. Not going north. Randy simply not sure yet.
What's a pension? ?

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 08:43:05 AM »
If your counting on a pension from the State of Conn, you may not have it when its time. :rolleyes:

CT is so broke right now it's not funny. :eek:

(John Wayne)

Offline HankD

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 08:43:57 AM »
Oh yeah, that's the checks my Dad has been getting from CT for the last 33yrs!

Offline Mr. Easy

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 08:49:55 AM »
it's cold but at least we don't have 5 feet of snow
"it's like you're playing the triangle"

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2017, 08:59:34 AM »
ill take snow over cold

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2017, 09:03:37 AM »
im sick of the cold already.... the garage heater can barely keep up when its this cold.

Your parents are my age. Gonna be awhile...
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2017, 09:05:27 AM »
If your counting on a pension from the State of Conn, you may not have it when its time. :rolleyes:

[/quot

One local Town that isnt broke yet, one privatly owned company. I’ll risk holding out for...

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

Offline Angrytj

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
  • Luciano
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2017, 09:10:03 AM »

Someone has to pay the taxes

HAHAHAH

I have considered moving to NC or SC multiple times but with 2 small kids I don't have the heart to move away from family where my kids would grow up without them around.

I need a job that I can work from home so I can also buy a place in Florida and spend the winters there.
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 35s, 5in rear stretch, Poison Spyder hiline defender front fenders and rear armor, Rokmen Sliders, custom hiline hood, Synergy front half and custom rear half roll cage, Mastercraft seats, 4pt harness, TJ rubi 44 axles, ARBs, 488 gears, chromo shafts, truss front and rear, front axle is sleeved, tie rod flip, PSC hydro assist steering box and ram, Vanco big brake kit, Raceline beadlocks and other little things.

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2017, 09:28:33 AM »

Your parents are my age. Gonna be awhile...

correct, it will be. However whats in the house is the only family I have. I dont have the heart to up, and move away from them. I wanna stay close as they get older.

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2017, 09:39:37 AM »
My pension will fallow me to any railroad that pays into railroad retirement but if there’s only thing I hate more than cold is heat/humidity!!
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline CitizenwithJeep

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2017, 09:43:00 AM »
With Tommy a jr in HS and Will in college, we've been thinking about maybe moving back to NYC in a few years. I think there's no better place to retire. You don't (can't) have too much stuff to worry about, can walk everywhere, loads of entertainment, can literally get popcorn or ice cream delivered, and it has the best health care in the country. Also, snow doesn't stay around very long in Manhattan.
'15 JK Sahara with stuff bought and bolted on

Offline Greenhorn

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2017, 10:23:18 AM »

There has been talk of actually chasing after the people who leave with their pensions and taxing them regardless of where they go.  fawk  Tyrannical.
  My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
  To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.
 -Thomas Jefferson

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2017, 12:42:16 PM »
I would fight that. They received a working lifetime of tax. The State can’t follow those that move based on the fact they can’t manage State affairs financially...

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2017, 03:36:11 PM »
Leave it to CT to do something that low down

Offline CitizenwithJeep

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2017, 04:06:44 PM »
I don't think this forwarding fee plan is going anywhere, but I could kind of see the theory that paying an out of state retiree is more expensive than paying a local one, since the out of stater doesn't spend any of their dough in the state. It's not a bad way for the state to raise a little money to keep in state taxes lower and services intact.
'15 JK Sahara with stuff bought and bolted on

Offline Mr. Easy

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
    • 72 scamp
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2017, 04:16:35 PM »
ill take snow over cold

5 feet in 2 days like upstate NY?
"it's like you're playing the triangle"

Online A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2017, 08:59:33 AM »
I don't think this forwarding fee plan is going anywhere, but I could kind of see the theory that paying an out of state retiree is more expensive than paying a local one, since the out of stater doesn't spend any of their dough in the state. It's not a bad way for the state to raise a little money to keep in state taxes lower and services intact.

The state has nothing to do with my pension and has no clame to it