Author Topic: Bombogenesis Thursday  (Read 328 times)

Online YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
Re: Bombogenesis Thursday
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2018, 09:32:57 PM »
The friction disk may be out of adjustment. If forward is workng more than likely adjustment or the friction disk needs replace.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline MattG

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Probie of the year!
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2018, 09:45:06 PM »
Ya, forward or backward no worky anymore

Ill report back with my findings tomorrow
***** TOM FOR PREZ 2017 ******
MAKE NORTHEAST JEEP GREAT AGAIN!

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2018, 09:50:58 PM »
Wind is 50 MPH gusts now!  I gave up on the idea of clearing snow tonight, I'll wait until tomorrow when the drifts settle.  About a foot here - most blew off the vehicles and some parts of the driveway  :mrgreen:  (think I'll use the leaf blower to get the fluffy stuff off my seats and dash  :rotflmao: )

99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline Red Rocker

• NEJEEP Member
  • Mall Crawler
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »
Home today, Got about 12 or so inches of snow in Shelton.

Cleared out the driveway with the snow blower, looked like a snowman with the wind blowing the stuff back at me  :cry: .... and then went out and plowed 10 more driveways with the truck.

16 JKURR

"A threesome is not really cheating......the two girls cancel each other out"

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2018, 05:12:18 AM »
Look for the broken one ! Then change them both as you have to separate the auger from the drive unit .   There is an adjustment on your forward speeds and when you put it in reverse the drive (rubber coated) plate moves to the right of center. Either the rubber wheel is worn , the friction disk is worn , or the tension on the drive plate is loose. FjR68

Offline Miley Cyrus

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2018, 09:24:29 AM »
My drive was going good yesterday on way to work, rwd only Cummins 70mph down highway, no slipping or sliding, passed a state trooper who was doing like 40 and I was doing 50 he didn’t do anything, then..... come up to people in Subaru’s and Audi’s Doing 30mph with flashers on, come on. On way hone at midnight though highways were super clear was able to get my usual 80 and get home quick.

Offline MattG

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • Probie of the year!
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2018, 03:04:26 PM »
belt

Yep, popped the drive belt on it.

Gotta pick up a new one at TSC
***** TOM FOR PREZ 2017 ******
MAKE NORTHEAST JEEP GREAT AGAIN!