Author Topic: Beer and Pacman  (Read 239 times)

Offline joe98tj

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
Beer and Pacman
« on: January 15, 2018, 12:41:41 PM »
I was gonna suggest this as a Meet and Greet spot but they don't allow anyone under the age of 21. Plus the city of New Haven kind of sucks but if you're in to craft beers and old school arcade games this is the place to check out. Its called Barcade and its a street over from Gateway in New Haven. Plenty of parking near by, you get a free parking voucher for two local parking garages if you spend over 40 bucks at the bar. Parking in New Haven is free after 5pm though. They have a large selection of craft beers, a few of which are only brewed specifically for their multiple locations. The food was pretty good as well.

They have a large selection of arcade games like pacman, asteroids, tron, frogger, donkey kong, qubert, all the classics you old guys grew up with. The arcade games take tokens that cost 25 cents each but each game is only 1 or two tokens so you don't have to spend alot to play most of the games.

I've been a few times and had a lot of fun. If you're in the area I definitely recommend checking it out.

http://barcadenewhaven.com/

Mean, Green, Sticker Machine

98 wrangler • 4 cylinder • in progress •

2014 Ram Power Wagon Tow Rig/World Class Gas Guzzler

Offline CTAVIATOR

• Probie
Re: Beer and Pacman
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 05:29:06 PM »
I was gonna suggest this as a Meet and Greet spot but they don't allow anyone under the age of 21. Plus the city of New Haven kind of sucks but if you're in to craft beers and old school arcade games this is the place to check out. Its called Barcade and its a street over from Gateway in New Haven. Plenty of parking near by, you get a free parking voucher for two local parking garages if you spend over 40 bucks at the bar. Parking in New Haven is free after 5pm though. They have a large selection of craft beers, a few of which are only brewed specifically for their multiple locations. The food was pretty good as well.

They have a large selection of arcade games like pacman, asteroids, tron, frogger, donkey kong, qubert, all the classics you old guys grew up with. The arcade games take tokens that cost 25 cents each but each game is only 1 or two tokens so you don't have to spend alot to play most of the games.

I've been a few times and had a lot of fun. If you're in the area I definitely recommend checking it out.

http://barcadenewhaven.com/
There's a great place here in Southington called kinsman brewery that could work as a meet and greet in warmer weather. They don't serve food but you can bring your own food in or have it catered. During warmer months it's definitely kid friendly with a patio.

https://www.kinsmenbrewing.com/

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline Gorilla_Skater

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • "Don't lose your Dinosaur"  - Dr. Doback
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 05:52:55 PM »
I love me some Missile Command! I've heard of this place. It sounds cool.
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" MT MTZ P3's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

Offline YJScrounge

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 06:24:10 PM »
Couple blocks from where I work in New Haven.
"This situation requires an immature act be carried out on someone's behalf - We're just the guys to do it!" - Animal House

93YJ: Waggy 44 HD's F&R, Rear Detroit Locker, Front Eaton Elec Selectable, 5:13 Motive, Anti-Wrap Bar, WARN Hubs, 6" Lift on 35" Mud Terrains, 4.0 HO w/K&N Air Tube, Live Wire Ignition, WARN 8,000 lb Winch, AtoZ Cage and Sliders, FX Tuner Seats w/Harnesses, OBA, SOA

01 RAM Cummins Tow Rig

01 WJ: Son's DD/Mall Crawler, 2" Budget Boost, Skyjacker Shocks, JK 17" Wheels back-up Tow Rig

Offline joe98tj

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »
Its worth checking out

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Offline Ryean78

• NEJEEP Member
  • Mall Crawler
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 06:38:00 PM »
I went here for the start of a bachelor party. Good times, the games brought back a bunch of old memories!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline A new level

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
I've been wanting to check that place out. We should also check out Stoney Creak this summer when the food trucks are there.
'16 JKR, Rock Krawler 3.5" Long Arm Off-Road Pro, 35" Nitto Trail Graplers

Build thread http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?topic=38405.new#new

Offline CitizenwithJeep

• NEJEEP Member
  • Trail Ready
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2018, 02:28:29 PM »
I'm in for New Haven; sounds great
'15 JK Sahara with stuff bought and bolted on

Offline joe98tj

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2018, 03:12:57 PM »
Maybe I'll setup a Friday night or Saturday afternoon that works for Yall to come down and check it out.

Offline Space Shuttle Commander

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2018, 04:35:24 PM »
im so in !
Sometimes I get to drive Becca's Jeep

**** ALAN TASTE GOOD  ****

Offline Gorilla_Skater

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • "Don't lose your Dinosaur"  - Dr. Doback
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2018, 04:43:01 PM »
Maybe I'll setup a Friday night or Saturday afternoon that works for Yall to come down and check it out.

That's the way to do it Joe! Check our handy dandy Calendar for conflicts http://forum.northeastjeep.org/index.php?action=calendar
1993 YJ  6" lift on 35" MT MTZ P3's, 8.8 rear w/ Spartan, Dana 30 w/ Lockrite & 4.10's
1999 Dodge Ram 2500 8.0L V10 Tow Rig

Offline joe98tj

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2018, 04:48:49 PM »
Spunds good, ill whip something up

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk