Author Topic: A/N Fittings for coolant?  (Read 97 times)

Offline Groundhog

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • "Stand Up, Speak Out & Shoot Back!"
    • http://www.aardvarkaudiodj.com
A/N Fittings for coolant?
« on: January 27, 2018, 06:35:36 PM »
I was wondering if anyone here has used A/N Fittings on their rigs.

I have never used them and I and have no idea how they are put together or what application they can be used for on the 4.0.

Specifically, I was wondering if they can be used in place of the 4.0 water pump inlet tube - which, like a dumb ass, I have just stripped out on my brand new Flow Kooler water pump and the threads on the inlet tube are shot too after I fought with them for an hour today. The tube simply did not want to thread in to the pump far enough or without forcing it - and I've had this problem on the stock pumps over the years too. And they leak afterward as well.

If I cannot get the threads to seal after galling them, I have a problem.

Any ideas? Besides buying a new pump? I'm picking up a new inlet tube now - hoping the new one threads in easier.
"There is a deep laid plot against your civil & religious liberties. Your golden days are at an end. My heart bleeds for you, America."
- George Whitfield, 1714-1770

Offline JeepinMaxx

• Board of Directors
  • Rock Crawler
  • E-Mail - ffederico@brierlylombard.com
Re: A/N Fittings for coolant?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 11:08:09 PM »
The Clutch on my old YJ had an AN fitting and it was awesome!  My TJ had them for the PSC Steering pump and box... 
99TJ Tummy Tuck and SYE, Front D30 with alloy shafts, Detroit locker 4.56, Rear D44, ARB locker 4.56.  Detoursusa.com Rear bumper, Superwinch EP9000 Front Cage

"We don't need more gun control - we need ASSHOLE CONTROL"

Offline bigdaddymack51

• Rock Crawler
Re: A/N Fittings for coolant?
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 07:40:56 AM »
AN fittings are almost leakproof in any application . However thats not the joint your having an issue with. Try using a bottoming tap to clean the aluminum housing before screwing in the male adapter. Put air into one of the ports on the other side to help the chips exit the pump. There are several types of thread sealer on the market , some are permanent , some are temporary .  Id go with the latter .   Good luck     FjR68