Northeast Jeep Organization, Inc.
October 20, 2014, 03:04:28 AM *
NEJEEP Logo Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Visit our Main Website & Blog at: http://northeastjeep.org/

Home   Help Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Check Engine Code PO 201  (Read 2983 times)
NomadJeep
Administrator
Rock Crawler

I'm High Latency

« on: March 15, 2006, 11:51:52 PM »

Wife's 01 6 cyl XJ's  check engine light came on, checked it real quick with a friends Snap On Scanner, and showed a code of PO 201, (something injector)

Was not sure what parts are covered under that trip code.

Symptoms:

Drove for about 45 min, was fine.  Parked for 10 min, went out to move and stumbled badly when started. (light came on)  Move Jeep 20 feet out of way and went in for dinner, after 4 hours went out, started right up ran fine.

Drove it 1 full day all was normal, and read and cleared codes via Scanner that night.

Next day, drove about 1 hour, parked for 30 min, went out, started, did not want to stay running.  Light on, and blinking when skipping, Drove half a block and stopped at store, restarted and was fine. 

Went to Florida and left XJ in driveway, was fine the whole time being we did not give a crap rotflmao

When it ran bad, felt like the feeling of a wet plug wire, but this has no wires, (coil packs) and the code did not show misfire?huh

Anyone?

Will drive again tomorrow all day while the wife gets stuck with the Rubi, so we will see what else happends.
NomadJeep
Administrator
Rock Crawler

I'm High Latency

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 01:29:12 AM »

Best I got...

P0201 (M) Injector #1 Control Circuit An open or shorted condition detected in control circuit for injector #1 or in the INJ 1 injector bank.
MasterDrazhar
Honorary Members
Rock Crawler

'F' with me? I'll STAB YA!

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:42:35 AM »

rotflmao  I'll give you $150

here's a good list of ODBIII compliant codes:  http://www.allpar.com/fix/2001-codes.pdf

Also not sure if it still works on 2001, or later.  But if you turn your key to the off position, hold down the trip reset button, and turn the key to ON, release the trip button when the odometer reads Check 1 it'll run a diagnostic and display the codes on the odo.

On older models (*Pre 97*) you turn the key to off, then to ON-OFF-ON like 5 times to get the computer to run it's diagnostics.

Oh, and anyone interested, I have an OBD scanner I can bring on Sunday if anyone would like to use it.  (*It does OBD, OBDII and OBDIII, I have the cables for several different makes of vehicles as well.*)  Just let me know.

Profile for Team_Oscar

Quote from: Sweet Cheeks Bitty
Nasty and ill-tempered?  I'll show you nasty and ill-tempered you old pinworm...

Quote from: Theo Maassen
Optimists are badly informed Pessimists.
tjcoastie20
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 07:13:27 PM »

perhaps a prolblem with the wires to that injector cuaseing it not to inject?  chaffed wire moisture in the plug?  thats where I would start looking.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: