Author Topic: Land to tread on...  (Read 3880 times)

Offline BonesTJ

• NEJEEP Member
  • Web Wheeler
Land to tread on...
« on: April 09, 2007, 11:18:40 AM »
Just wondering if there is a site to go to, to find out where one can crawl?? I'm looking to get a GPS unit and want to be able to put in the trails . Just wondering if there was a site with the legal areas for crawling...or if there is an post with the info...???
When I'm feeling down, I like to whistle. It makes the neighbor's dog run to the end of his chain and gag himself.

`______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-  Rounders ALWAYS Better!!!
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

Offline NomadJeep

• Administrator
  • Rock Crawler
  • I'm High Latency
Re: Land to tread on...
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 07:43:10 PM »
well usually most guys just record them as we all go out wheeling.  But also you wont find any info on club sites, being wheeling legally is so scares in the northeast, and getting smaller all the time.  We usually keep this info under wraps.  If we were to post up locations on the Forum, that would also allow the tree hugger to read, find it, and then try and shut it down because by saying there is a rare dung beetle or something... then land gone...

Anyway, things and info like that can be found by surfing around the private member side.  So go surf member....   :mrgreen:

ozdog210

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:47:01 PM »
where is the private members side? lol

Offline Lambchop

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2010, 08:11:49 PM »
It wouldnt be much a private member section if everyone could see it. You need to become an official club member to gain access. I have had my app sitting in my center console since the GAJR and will eventually make it to a M&G to submit it.

Offline 98xj_John

• Trail Ready
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 10:37:18 PM »

I wish peole could just respect the goddamn land so we could all use it without legal issues! I had a sweet trail around town never went off of it always picked up trash that I found an didn't take trees down. An then some asshole decided to dump an old RV in the entrance an they shut it down. An to him I say thanks ass.
I was thinkin dep should find the trails used the most an just slap a toll at the entrance hoping that if ppl had to pay they would respect it. An the state/gov would some coin.
98 xj limited 33/1250/15 claws RO 4.5" with Clayton 6.5" aal RE SF tracbar HP d30/8.25 3.55s custom front bumper detours sliders custom intake flowmaster 40 side exit bored TB lights an stickers.

LIFT IT... FAT CHICKS CAN'T JUMP

Online XJRV-Maki

• NEJEEP Member
  • Rock Crawler
  • salt no carry
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 05:03:36 AM »
We were talking about illegal dumping on the last trail ride. It's only going to become more of a problem as towns start increasing their charges for trash and curbside pick up to support their budgets. Many of our trails provide easy off-highway access to the kind of secluded areas trash dumpers love - a big reason to keep trail locations out of the public eye.

Last run we filled a large contracter bag with cans, bottles and litter; and if we had just parked the Jeeps and concentrated on that all day instead of wheeling, we could have filled a dozen bags easily. And that doesn't include all the TV's, couches, mattresses, tires, shingles and boats that were out there.

:sad:

Offline 98xj_John

• Trail Ready
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 10:55:54 AM »
Ya wtf is wrong. With ppl they bitch that its illegal to wheel but the do dumb shit like that which makes it illegal.
98 xj limited 33/1250/15 claws RO 4.5" with Clayton 6.5" aal RE SF tracbar HP d30/8.25 3.55s custom front bumper detours sliders custom intake flowmaster 40 side exit bored TB lights an stickers.

Offline Gasshole

• Trail Ready
  • Actually, that's MR. Gasshole to you
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2010, 12:58:51 PM »
Well all we can do is be responsible ourselves and educate as many people as we can to do so as well.   :neutral:
"Gasshole" - One who cuts through a gas station driveway to avoid a red light.

Offline 98xj_John

• Trail Ready
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 04:24:35 PM »
Yesir!